Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Well didn't that start a little fire!!

Hello all, its me, Ed McDade, owner and author of this blog page. I'm happy to announce that my move is pretty much complete. Thank you to all my family and friends that assisted and/or offered their help (I could not have done it without you!) I think I should have taken that trip AFTER my move instead of before it! What was I thinking! lol

Ok, now its time for me to respond to the 27 comments left after I posted my last blog. Firstly, this site is NOT intended to provide uplifting inspiration or anything else for that matter. It is intended to allow me a venue to express my innermost thoughts, whether they be good, bad or indifferent. If it does inspire or make people think about whats going on in their own life, then great, that's an added bonus. In the end, I do appreciate everyone's comments although I disagree with the ability to leave "anonymous" signatures after you post. I think if you have the need to reply in a manner that may be deemed non-positive or could be taken out of context, you should at least have the courtesy to send me an e-mail, so I can reply to you personally without the rest of the on-line world being involved.

I am not here to slam,demean or demoralize anyone. Anything and everything I have written is the truth, and yes, sometimes the truth hurts. But in the end, the truth prevails. I will be ensuring that this blog is printed off and a copy goes to my daughter when the time is appropriate. If I am not around to explain to her myself, at least she will know that this is what I thought about and dealt with during this battle. There are enough people (both family and friends) that I trust will make sure that Faith remembers her REAL daddy and what he was like, what he stood for etc.

In closing, I'd like to once again thank everyone for their comments, whether I or anyone else agreed with them or not. In the future though, please attach your name or at least shoot me a mail saying "hey Ed, that comment was from me, and here's why I said it". That way, I'll at least know that you are not replying to the blog just for the sake of stirring the pot or otherwise.

Take care,

Ed McDade

ed_mcdade@hotmail.com

6 comments:

Tina said...

I'm glad you're doing okay, Ed. I still pray for you and your family daily.

BRAD NORMAN said...

Hello All,

My name is brad, and ed and i were really good friends in the army. I was quite upset when i heard of ed medical situation and of course i had to do something. Ed came and visited me and my family here in Calgary and as you all know, ED has a way to grow on the family.

I managed to raise money to help send ED and Faith to Disney, and the photos tell it all.I was very proud to be a friend and assist ED.

This blog in my opinion is the way for ED to vent, and so he should. If it offended someone im sure they will get over it. My family checks this blog everyday to see if it is updated to see if there is any change in, my pal, ED.

Angela please undertsand, we have never met but my family was behind you and your family when you were in the hospital. Your family is so strong but im sure there trip threw "HELL" has been not a pleasant one.


Ed keep up the good work and please keep the chin up.

Here, i will show some of you cowards how to do it............BRAD NORMAN

Anonymous said...

Dear Ed ,

Amen.

Couldn't be said any better.

Rick Demaray

EJM68 Ed McDade said...

Thanks for the positive comments folks ;)

Anonymous said...

Dear Ed: (McFly) I know I haven't written in awhile. I am still trying to understand the cruel and vicious words from someone who calls herself a 'Mother'. She is evil personified.
I have been doing more spirital reading of late and my prayers for you are being said daily. This particular book deals with daily issues, stressful and situations we can't control. I have found two versus that I think are pretty good. The first one is "The best antique is an old friend, so pick me." The second applies to your ex,who I feel will never be happy or healthy of heart. Quote, "Two things are hard on your heart -- running upstairs and running DOWN people." Love Mc Bev

Tom said...

Eddyyyy,
I've known you for years and you always said it as it was, an apple is an apple and an orange is an orange. Keep it up!!!!
Tom Laframboise