Total Pageviews

Friday, August 21, 2009

Update August 21/2009

Well that was a busy day!

No major findings on today's MRI with the exception of a build-up of scar tissue. My doctor had not seen the "full report" when I seen him but had quickly viewed the scan.

I will be going in for Day Surgery on Sept 1/09 to have them attempt to close the hole on the top of my head (that has been there since Aug 2008). The Plastic Surgeon is concerned there may be bone and/or skin infection. From what he says, they will cut it approx 3 inches,peel it back and investigate their findings and hopefully only have to remove some "junk". Still no guarantee the hole will heal and close properly with this method due to the radiated skin involved but this is option #2 (option #1 being just to monitor and hope it takes care of itself) If this does not work then it may have to be grafted.

I suppose I should be a bit happier about my results today but I'm just feeling physically and mentally exhausted.

Take care

Ed

No comments: