Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28/11

Well not the best news after 85 days of chemotherapy. The larger of the two tumours continues to grow so the chemo has not worked on it. The smaller tumour has shrunk a bit from the chemo. The explanation I was given was that the chemo was able to attack the smaller tumour because it is closer to the surface of the brain. The larger tumour is quite deep in the brain, away from the original site, thus the chemo not being able to infiltrate deep enough to do any work on it.

My left arm and facial numbness issue is actually a seizure in disguise. These are presenting due to the fact that the tumour is growing and obviously displacing the brain territory.

Sooooooooo, with all that being said, I am going on another 28 day all expense paid chemo trip again. I have been given an additional anti-seizure med to work with my current med and will head back to the Cancer Clinic in a month for another appt. Looks like it will be 2 months before my next MRI unless any complications arise before that.

I may sound a bit nonchalant about all of this lately, but I think I am just growing numb to the events that happen over the course of this journey. As I have in the past, I will keep the boxing gloves on for "one more round" and re-charge my batteries whenever I can.

Creeping Charlie has not won yet ;)

Thank you for all your positive thoughts and wishes....they truly do mean the world to me.I read each and every post, e-mail, text etc before I hit the clinic and it gives me the focus and strength to carry on the fight. (ok, mabe a little white lie there.....my little girl is my #1 inspiration) but you all are a very close second ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your so right Ed.....DIFFICULTIES VANISH WHEN FACED BOLDLY.....keep running the race, we're all behind you cheering you on......lots of hugs xx Di

Anonymous said...

Were are thinking of you Ed, even if we are from a distance. Keep fighting, you will win this. All the best.LM

Anonymous said...

You are truly the strongest person that I have ever had the privilege of meeting! Keep up the incredible fight!

Matt R

The more difficulties one has to encounter, within and without, the more significant and the higher in inspiration his life will be. – Horace Bushnell