Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ding Ding Ding....Round Two Chemo Aug. 13/12

Yesterday I was finally cleared to start another round of Chemo. My blood levels etc are not optimal but are good enough according the professionals.......so away we go!! I obviously have mixed emotions about starting this new chemo again since it knocked me on my butt last time and landed me in hospital for 3 days.

Whats the alternative though I guess right? If it keeps me on the right side of the dirt, then I just have to suck it up like the rest of the Cancer World and trudge onward. I apologize if I am repeating myself in advance, but one small light in this tunnel is that they also doubled my dosage of Dexamethasone to decrease the seizures and it seems to be working!! The other edge of that sword is that it doubles the amount of sleep I am deprived of as well as increases my appetite tenfold I think.
Along with that, I feel my tolerance level of normal everyday things has me on edge lately. The joys of drugs.  UGH

Busy week ahead of me with appointments, kids soccer 3 times and organizing for this weekend's fundraiser. Thankfully once Sunday is over, so is soccer until Fall and the fundraiser will be a successful memory! At that point, it will be high time to concentrate on ME again and work on keeping as healthy and sane as possible.  lol 

As much as I sound like a broken record..........thank you to all for the outpouring of support you give me at each and every hurtle. Its that stuff that energizes me and keeps me pushing the envelope even further to keep the Cancer demon away from my doorstep.

I need to find a reasonably priced R.M.T. soon....my left leg's muscles are deteriorating from the numbness issues etc. I feel the atrophy setting in and am losing any flexibility. Any suggestions? Local only please.

Love to you all XX

Ed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you! Hang in there!