Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Spineless Creatures

Well I see someone else decided they would attempt to slander me by means of discussing a past relationship of mine. Sad part is....they obviously have no clue of what transpired. I could not help but laugh when I read it. I have never claimed to be the King of Relationships anyways. I know I've made my share of mistakes but then again, haven't most of us? The majority of what they wrote was false and slanderous to say the least! (Especially some of the "serious" things they wrote) I have changed the settings on my blog to stop this kind of childishness. Apparently some people are more concerned with other's lives while their own world falls around them. And not surprisingly, the person lacked the testicular fortitude to leave a name. At the end of the day, it goes like the old saying..."There is his side of the story, her side of the story and then there is the truth" Kinda makes me glad I didn't move back to St.Thomas some days ;)

PS: I did delete the comment because of the false statements in it.

Ed

3 comments:

Tina said...

There are jerks everywhere you go. Unfortunately most of them don't know when enough is enough. I can't believe this sort of crap still goes on beyond high school.

I'm glad you're mature enough to not let it bother you. Keep on getting better, Ed.

Anonymous said...

Test

Just setting up my user name Eddie.

Mike.

Anonymous said...

Hello Eddie,

My friend, I wonder if the time has come to scrap the blog? I've been reading your blog for the past year with anticipation every time I open it. I'm always hoping for a new entry, hoping for some good news or at least some information on how you're coping.

I think that the original intent of this blog was to keep those of us who care about you up to date on your condition on a regular basis, something that couldn't be done with each person individually. To do that would require a team of people to return phone calls and emails to keep everyone in the loop. So really what you have done by creating this blog is a huge favour to all your friends and family by keeping us in the loop. Unfortunately I have two other friends right now who are suffering similarly and are now using this same style of communication to keep their friends and family informed... so this is a great vehicle for that.

In the big picture though, your current condition is the only purpose for this blog, at least it should be. There is a time and place for laundry to be aired and this isn't it. Anyone who has issues stemming from the past could possibly try to solve these with you on a private basis, or again in the big picture just let them go. The best thing for everyone involved right now is to just offer encouragement and support to try and make the road ahead a little smoother.

I think back to all those weekends on Richmond Row Eddie, and would give anything to have those back again like we used to. I know what kind of person you are Eddie and I can honestly say that everyone has made a few mistakes along the way, myself included. Where you differ Eddie is that the way that you treat people and the great things you have done and continue to do far outweigh any negatives.

Everyone, if it just isn't possible to say something nice, then try two options:

1. Please don't say anything at all.

2. Try to resolve your differences in a positive, private manner.

Should the situation arise at some point in the future where you no longer have the opportuinity for a resolution, you will surely regret squandering the time you did have.

I read your entries faithfully Eddie, but as you know have never made an entry myself until now. In the last little while you finally gave us some news that was promising, let's try and build on that.

Everyone put yourself into Edward's shoes for a second until you get scared back out of them and everything will seem different to you.

Say something nice, better yet take Ed a coffee and say it to him in person, it's important.

Mike Smith.