Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A sad day


For anyone who has followed my blog on a regular basis, you will have heard me mention the 3 ladies from Cami who have been living with cancer along with myself. Its with a very heavy and saddened heart that I have to tell you we lost Beth Travis today. Beth fought the fight for almost 3 years I believe and was still able to smile right to the end.

I am so glad that I was able to visit with her at the Ingersoll Hospital this past Friday. I will always cherish that moment that her and I shared in her hospital room. She told me she was ready....couldn't take the pain anymore and wanted to be at peace.

I, along with the girls, will miss our lunch dates and Beth's smile and bubbly personality.

May you rest in eternal peace my dear friend.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Edward....so very very sorry my dear brother of the loss of your friend...she was very lucky to have your love and support right until the very end...she is no longer in pain...words cannot always help coming from me...but I certainly know that your face and sense of humour were there for her right until the end...I know you made her smile and that was all worth it..take care...I'm thinking of you...
Love you..sis Karen xx

Petrina said...

Hi Ed...I've been quietly following your blogs since you started but I felt the need to express my condolences following the loss of your friend recently. My thoughts are with you and I encourage you to keep up the fight! Stay strong and say Hi to Faith from Alexandra would you? Take Care!!