Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Oct. 10/12

Happy Thanksgiving to all !

Firstly, if anyone who reads this Blog did not get my latest update via e-mail or Facebook message, please send me an e-mail at  ed_mcdade@hotmail.com and I will forward the information to you.

So I have started on a new chemo as of Oct. 3/12. ETOPOSIDE is another oral chemo that I will take each day for 21 days then get one week reprieve from and then start the process again. We are hoping to be able to at least use this for 2 rounds and then do another MRI to see what effect it has had on the tumour. If there are no positive results showing on the MRI, I will then (99.9% sure) proceed to the final conventional treatment available....AVASTIN.

In discussion with the drug company that manufactures Avastin, Roche, it looks like it will cost me approx. $8700.00 per month minus any possible assistance they may provide ( up to 20%) if I qualify. I am still waiting to hear back on what "qualifies"you for assistance.

With the assistance of some friends, we have been lobbying to the Provincial levels of gov't to try to get this drug covered for Brain Tumour patients. It just does not seem fair that they make this drug so far out of reach for us common folk. If not even for my case, I hope the stirring of the pot helps others in the future faced with the same issue.

I truly apologize if I have not been able to return your phone calls, e-mails etc as of yet. I am working on it though. All your messages mean the world to me :) I have read each and every one of them and saved them.

Please truly be THANKFUL this weekend for all that you have been blessed with in your lives. God never promised us tomorrow.

Until my next post........take care and know that you are all in my thoughts.

Tomorrow I shall wake to fight again!

PS: I love you Faith!  :)

No comments: