Total Pageviews

Friday, October 12, 2012

Oct 12 2012

So what a week or so it has been. A ton of good things happening but it is also taking a small toll on me I think. 2 focal seizures in the past 2 days....all just stress-related I'm hoping. I can't thank Dianne enough for all the tireless work she has put into this effort thus far. I think I need to be holed up in a hotel somewhere for a couple of days to get my affairs in order and re-group somewhat.

I don't think we will get much, if any response from Deb Matthews however, as I was informed yesterday by her assistant that this matter will go through the C.E.D. (Committee to Evaluate Drugs) under the direction of a Diane MacArthur sp?  Matthews position is prohibited from getting involved in any specific cases to apparently keep politics and emotionalism out of the results. Makes sense I guess. The bottleneck right now is my Oncologist, with his preparation of a report that he promised me a week ago today! And yes, I've called daily to everyone but God at the London Regional Cancer Clinic inquiring! I'm sure he is a busy man but hey, I'm a dying man dammit.

We are planning a sort of Celebration party in November hopefully so that I may see old and new friends alike. Will pass along details as they become available. Its too much for me to have daily visitors at the moment with all that is going on, so this way I can make a terrific evening of it and invite you all to come celebrate my life with me. It may sound morbid to some but this is what I want to have happen.....people to see and visit with me before things turn south.

I'm on Day 10 of 21 of the Etoposide Chemo right now. No noticeable side effects other than some hand and lip numbness, which was listed as possible side effects anyway. No sense telling the Cancer clinic though....can't even get a damned form filled out there. Sorry, but slowly losing faith in that facility. I will remain on Etoposide for 2 rounds, perform an MRI to see what, if any effects its had on the growing tumour, and then 99.9% chance of switching to the Avastin after that. Fingers crossed after that, being as it is my last possible hope with Western Medicine.

Sleep and I are still enemies it seems...partially my own fault. I did get a new sleeping pill to try but am almost scared to take it because it already seems there are not enough hours in the day to accomplish what I need to and the wee hours of the morning seem to be when I get Ed time, to work on what is important to me....such as writing this blog to keep everyone up to date without having to repeat it over and over. It sucks when your conversations with people only revolve around the Big C. Count your blessings every day people!! God never promised you tomorrow.

EJM68





No comments: