Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

AVASTIN DAY ONE!

Yesterday November 13th, I received my first Avastin infusion treatment at a private clinic in London. I was infused over a one and 1/2 hour time frame to ensure that it had no adverse reactions to the drug. All seems to have gone well with the exception of some fatigue. My next appt will be in two weeks time and I'll be infused over a 1 hour time frame and if I do well with that, all remaining appointments move will be infused over a 30 minute time frame. Everyone's body reacts differently to this drug so I have no idea on what the future holds as far as any side effects and such. Only time will tell and I will do my best to keep you all updated on my progress.

I'm still truly overwhelmed at the response and attendance of the celebration party on November 3rd. That will be a night I will Cherish forever and it certainly played out beyond my expectations. It was my wish to gather with family, friends and old acquaintances before things decide to go south. Happy to say I can cross that off my bucket list now. Next on the list is to get a few Avastin treatments under my belt and take Faith away on holiday in January, health permitting. That child of mine certainly deserves a break from all of this cancer nonsense. She has been a trooper since day one.

Next week on Thursday evening I believe, I'm scheduled for a panel discussion on Rogers London cable TV to discuss ontario's lack of coverage of the Avastin drug when it comes to brain tumours. The host is attempting to have Deb Matthews, Minister of Health present as well as a representative from the Canadian Cancer Society. We shall see who is brave enough to show their face that evening.

Received some correspondence from General Motors of Canada and GreenShield yesterday stating again, that General Motors refuses to cover the drug Avastin to combat GLIOBLASTOMA MULTIFORME brain cancer. That being said, we're still not ready to end this fight for those in the future who are faced with the struggle of private funding to obtain in Avastin to prolong their life here in Ontario.

As always, I thank you for your continued support

Sincerely,

Ed

No comments: