Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November 27 2012 Avastin Infusion #2

Good evening

Today I had my second Avastin infusion session at the Bayshore infusion clinic in London. The infusion itself seems to have gone over without a hitch again. Mom and dad came with me this time to drive just in case there any adverse affects after the infusion.  I ensured that I did not take my high blood pressure pill prior to the infusion this time so I didn't encounter any low blood pressure issues this round.

After my appointment mom and dad took me for lunch to the Mandarin and then we set off for home. Today was going great until I walked up my driveway. I was within feet of the back gate when my body decided not to play nice and I tripped and fell on the concrete face first. Two issues contributed to that.....  First one being my lack of stability on my feet and the second being that the concrete driveway is uneven and broken. At the end of it all I and it up with a pretty good gash above my left eye as well as some good road rash on my left cheek. I will try to attach a picture just for a giggle.

On a happier note, I'm still trying to plan a trip with Faith for sometime in January. By that time I will have about five infusion treatments under my belt. Barring any serious side effects, I need to push on with this planning before things turn south. I think both my daughter and I deserve a week away from the world after all that's been going on lately. The plan is to go to Punta Cana sometime after January 8. It would be nice to spend my birthday on January 12 somewhere more tropical than southern Ontario in the middle of winter!

My left side continues to weaken. I'm still unable now to even raise my arm above my stomach level. Not too sure if this is a Tumour related issue or just long-term side effects of the steroid I have to take for brain swelling. I have seen a lot of reports indicating major muscle deterioration associated with the long-term use of the steroid. Hopefully I'll get a definitive answer after my MRI on December 21. With that being holiday season.....  Not sure when I will receive the actual results. Normally it is within a week's time. So to wrap it up, I would say the side effects I have noticed so far with the Avastin treatments are fatigue and tiredness, a hoarse voice and not much else...  Touch wood!

Once again I thank everyone for their continued support during this latest adventure.

With sincere thanks,

Ed  :)

PS:  for some reason it will not let me up load a picture so maybe I will post it on Facebook tomorrow.

No comments: