Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 20 2013

Hi folks.... Well we made it back from Mexico all in one piece.  Unfortunately my health continued to fail while we were there, but I believe the rest of the family had a great time.  Most importantly the kids enjoyed themselves and created some lasting memories.  I could not have done this without my family's support as well as my brother in law, Morris.  Thanks guys you did an awesome job !!

Now that I am home I will be requiring PSW support on a daily basis in the home during the daytime hours and the family will help out during the evenings for now.  We will trial this for a couple of weeks and see how things go and tweak from there.  I need assistance dressing, bathing, shaving, dressing, food preparation.... so yah pretty much everything.  My left side is totally gone now and I am very weak.  My sleeping pattern still sucks because of the steroid that I take at night now.  Unfortunately/fortunately I do sleep more throughout the day.

Tomorrow I have a Cancer Clinic follow up appointment undoubtedly to determine whether or not I continue on the current chemotherapy drug.  At time of writing my MRI is scheduled for March 18 2013.  I am going to inquire about different options for pain management as well.  Would like to find something longer lasting so it may allow me to sleep through the night without waking to take meds.

Thank you everyone for your Birthday wishes.... I will update more later this week when I am more rested.

Thanks, Ed

No comments: