Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Great news!! Angela comes home tomorrow!

Hi all:

I just returned from seeing Angela today and as we thought, she is to be released from the hospital tomorrow around lunch time. Hows THAT for progress eh! When I visited her today, she looked terrific. Physical weakness and lengthy walking still hinders her but that will all come with time I am positive.

Thanks go out to Jim FV who kindly loaned out a walker for Angela to use until she is finished her rehab. Thanks also to the other folks who replied to my previous blog with suggestions of the Legion etc.

Angela will be staying with our parents until such a time that she is once again able to carry out her own day-to-day activities.

On behalf of my family, I cannot begin to thank each and every person who sent well wishes, sincere thoughts and prayers Angela's way during this time. I have no doubt in my mind that all that positive energy assisted her on her road to recovery.

As a family, I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief now, knowing that Angela is out of the woods and gaining momentum every day towards recovery. On a personal note, I'd like to thank my family for being able to pull together as a team and focusing on the common goal of Angela's health and doing whatever it took to accomplish that. I'm so proud of all of them :)

With that being said, hopefully, as I said earlier, my next blog regarding Angela's health will be quite boring and short. Hopefully I'll be able to report that she has recovered fully and is back to living a normal life with her 3 wonderful children. Brandon, Courtney and Darren have all been troopers throughout this situation and have been surrounded by the love of my family as well as close friends of Angela.Steve and Krista...thanks for taking Brandon under your wing and to my sister Shirley, thanks for taking Courtney and Darren into your fold.

With sincere thanks and gratitude,

The McDade family.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news Edward. Please tell Angela I am so excited for her. This will surely be a Merry Christmas for the McDades. Love Donna

Anonymous said...

Hi Ed :)
I think this will be quite a Merry Christmas for all the McDade's. You have all been through alot of of trials and tribulations and made it through them all as a family should. Good things have come out of it too! what a great early Christmas gift you have recieved!
God bless you all!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Thats Great news that Angela is back on her feet (so to speek) and on her way up hill from here. I'm very happy for her, and your family. I wish them all a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.
Now, on a different note, how have you been doing? how did your doc's apt. turn out with your drop foot?
We'll have to get together for a coffee b4 Christmas, I'd like to see the pic's of your Disney trip also.
Your friend Annette.

Anonymous said...

Dear Angela there sure is a god to make u better and a miracle has happen I hope to see u soon at the blue note take a long rested time and see u soon
Love
Len And Family

Anonymous said...

Great News Ed!
Wishing you and your family all the best!
Cheers!
Walt & Maureen

Teresa said...

Special Ed: I am so very happy to hear that Angela is doing much better. She is truly blessed to have such wonderful family and friends for support. I wish her all the best for a full recovery. I do hope that your appt. went well. Your family has been through some tough times and it's refreshing to know that when times are tough...family and friends are there to support and encourage...God bless you and your family and hoping that you all have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year...Your friend Teresa...xoxo

Anonymous said...

What great news! I have been following your blog Ed, My name is Jayne, I am married to Bobby Jones, Himself and his parents Ron and Maureen are good friends with you your parents, Bobby calls your Dad unca Eddie, lol. I wish yourself and your daughter and of course your parents (whom I am dying to meet)I have heard so many stories about you all,all good and what a good laugh! a merry Christmas!
Jayne

Anonymous said...

Excellent news ED. Good job as a reporter goes to you.
Merry Christmas to the McDade's ! !