Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New year but same hopes and dreams

Hello everyone:

Wow, hard to believe that its been since December 2nd since I last posted anything on here. I guess so much had been going on in my life with my sister being hospitalized for a month and some other personal stuff, that I felt the need to put my blogging on the shelf for the time being.

Looking back over this "blogless" time frame, I can only wonder what the plan is for each and every one of us. Or are we too busy in the "now" to be concerned about the "future" and forgetting about the "then"? I feel as if I've been given a glimpse of this and I don't like it at all. I truly believe that we all need to slow the train down and "think" before we "act" or we're all going to end up in a crash that will leave us good for naught. ~ok, I'm stepping off the soapbox now!~

I'm very happy to inform you all that my younger sister Angela has recovered remarkably well from her ordeal. She still has some rehabilitative measures to work on, but other than that, she is back to being a healthy woman. Her fiends,co-workers and family certainly came through to ensure that she and her 3 children had a terrific Christmas. Stories like hers always remind me to be thankful for what I HAVE, and not what I HAVE NOT. Once again, I'd personally like to thank each and every kind soul out there who was gracious enough to time, gifts, and love to supporting Angela and her family throughout this crisis.

Ok, onto me now! Geez, its been nice to be out of the limelight actually for a while!! But I guess, as everything goes....all good things must come to an end. Here I am, back to talking about the dreaded "C" word.

On Saturday Jan 3rd, I went for my latest MRI. I should have the results given to me on Jan 9th at my Cancer Clinic appointmet in London. Unfortunately, I'm not expecting good news. I don't say this out of simple fear or anything, but rather out of the symptoms that have returned and are mirror image of the last 2 tumours. My left arm has become very weak again and I notice losing motor control of it too. I have also been experiencing the consistant morning headaches until my Oncologist decided to put me back on the steroid that I had finally been weaned off, about a month ago. So yes, the headaches have subsided but only due to the anti-brain sweeling steroids. (a.k.a. the band-aid to get me through to this next MRI) Along with steroids comes the lack of ability to sleep properly I've noticed. Ughh

So, this Friday, I expect to be told that the tumour has returned. No crying, no whining.....its just back! If my suspicions are true, I will just deal with it the same way I did over the past year when I underwent 2 brain surgeries. Be as positive a person as I can be, be thankful for what I have, not long for what I don't have, and appreciate everything and everyone who is a positive influence in my life.

I have also made the bittersweet decision to move back to St.Thomas in Feb./Mar. I really don't like the idea of leaving my current home but I feel that it is time to be closer to the family and my daughter. I've managed to get a nice house in the north end of the city.

Thank you all for your patience during my "blog-free" time, allowing me to focus on my family and other personal matters during the past month. I will be updating the blog more frequently again and will certainly inform you all of this Friday's results. My appt is not until 3:30pm so don't expect anything until later that evening please.

Wishing you all a prosperous, safe and joyous New Year.

All the best to you and yours.....

Ed

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brother,Now it's my turn to pray for you,You were by my side and I am very Thankful to you..They say I was a miricle that I Pulled through like I did..I believe miricle's do happen,And big Brother it is not your time..Your very positive,bright,caring,alway's thinking of other people..God would not take such a wonderful Human Being..I will take my energy and put it with your energy,And u will Rock!!!!If I can make miricle's happen dear brother,So can U!!!I love you very much xoxoxoxoxo Ang

Anonymous said...

Funny you should say that Angela as I have been praying that God will send so many miracles to your family you WILL know what hit you. Angela you are a precious miracle. Edward, I still hold out faith in that precious miracle for you. Love Donna

Anonymous said...

Hey Ed & Ang I have never believed in fate or God,,but I do now. I have read your blog Ed for many months and now know that there is a higher power.
I was so afraid to talk to you about Ang and her illness. I was afraid to talk to you about yours.
I am not now. Your honesty and courage has given me the strenght to just say..I love you Ed. You were there for me..Ang I am so glad that you pulled through and I know you will do better every day. You kids need you.
With every ounce of my being I wish you both the best. And may God be with you and yours
Ed I love you for your guidence and your laughs and you snubs.

To you and ang
Happy new year
See you next year

Deb Cox

Anonymous said...

I'm blessed to have had the privilege of knowing you and loving you. I will never stop praying for a miracle for you and your family. If anyone deserves it, you do. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you my friend! Much luv and hugs
Moe

EJM68 Ed McDade said...

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments :)

Ed