Total Pageviews

Friday, January 9, 2009

D-Day

Well, the day is here. Sigh

I can't lie and say I've slept like a baby this past week. My mind has been working overtime wondering what the outcome of today will be. I am totally aware that whatever is going on in my head with respect to tumour activity is a done deal already. Whether its there or not...I just want to know dammit. I really don't care for the "unknown".

I think I may have mentioned my own personal thoughts in my last post, on what is going on up there...and unfortunately, I still feel that way. I only say this because I know my body, I know the previous symptoms and previous pain, such as the constant morning headaches. The left arm numbness and loss of fine motor control is the big red flag for me really. Prior to my last surgeries (not many of us can boast of having 2 brain surgeries in less than one year eh!) I felt the exact same numbness etc. This was/is caused by the tumour mass pushing against the Motor Strip of the brain. That being said, I'm walking in there today hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. Either way, I'll just continue to deal with what is thrown my way and keep tossing it back while telling them "Hey, I'm not ready yet!!"

I will update this page sometime this evening after I return from the Cancer Clinic. My appointment isn't until 3:30pm with bloodwork at 3pm.

Until then...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh ed i am so proud of you now get the dam books i told you to get lol you are so strong and i continue to be amazed by your strength and humour in this journy called life of yours! heads up budd and we will see eachother soon love doe xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

The rollar coaster ride continues..
Boy Ed it's sure been one hell of a year..Maybe we can be blessed twice..Whatever the outcome we are all here to support you ..
Love ya to bits
Shirl xo

Lori said...

Thoughts and prayers....and a rock. You are strong.... Thank-you.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today.

Joanne

Unknown said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Ed. We are all praying for good news

Anonymous said...

Have been praying for a miracle. God bless you with comfort, strength, peace and hope. Love Donna

Anonymous said...

Ed.....I will always be there for our 3am chats... keep fighting your fight my dear friend....I know a world of prayers have been said by me for good results coming your way today....I hope the big guy heard me !

Sleepless in Brantford....
Dianne xxoo