Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Caution!! Venting Time...Beware!!!

So there I was, bringing 2009 in on a sad note to begin with....my daughter's Grandma passed away on New Year's Eve. I got to thinking that with any good fortune whatsoever, that will be the end of an otherwise challenging year and that come that ever so "magical" midnight hour, the slate would be wiped clean and I'd be set for some positive days to come!

Well, it didn't take long for that bubble to be burst I'll tell ya!! Between family and friend "challenges" that have decided to pop up, its been like playing "Whack-a-Mole" at the local Fair! Is it 2010 yet??

To top it all off (and we are only at January 14th) is the news I received yesterday regarding my move to St.Thomas. Apparently, only 15 or so days before I was to turn my life inside out and upside down by moving closer to my family and daughter, my new landlord, Mr. Rene Buttazzoni decides that he has changed his mind and does not wish to rent his vacant house to me, or anyone else for that matter. Instead, I've been told, he wishes to put it back on the thriving real estate market in St.Thomas (oh, thats right, the same place where the Sterling Facility, along with undoubtedly numerous tier one, two and three suppliers, will be shutting its doors in March of this year, thus putting a few thousand unfortunate souls out of a means of putting food on their family's table)

Normally, I would not be too upset with this type of behaviour, but I was also told that it was his daughter who convinced , or should that read coerced him into this decision! Unbeknown st to her, the financial burden it had already put on me by having to purchase 4 appliances for this home, pay more rent as well as uproot my house and home of the past 6 years in the Tillsonburg area. Oh and the deal was supposed to be that I'd move in Feb. 1st and would also remain obligated to my current home until Mar. 1st. So here I sit now, with less than 45 days to find a home, hopefully in St.Thomas and if not, at least the surrounding area.

For anyone who may read this and may know the Buttazzoni family, please send along my heartfelt thanks for kick-starting my 2009 into high gear. I think if I tilt my plate to the side, it may allow a few other important things to slide off and onto the floor, to be forgotten about, while I add this proverbial steaming turd to an already over-flowing plate of crap to deal with.

If anyone out there knows of a decent home for rent, I am looking for something with few stairs, a minimum of 3 bedrooms and if I'm putting a wish list together, it'd have Central Air, a bathroom on the main floor(s), an attached garage, a private yard for Faith to play in and be located within 25km of St.Thomas. I'm also looking to pay no more than $800/mth. Yes,I KNOW thats pretty much a mortgage payment but have you ever gone to the bank and said "Hi, I've got a terminal cancer, can I borrow some money please?" lol

Ok, now that I've blurted out my frustration, you may now return to your regularly scheduled programming. I apologize for the interruption :)

No worries though folks...I'll be back to "normal" soonest!

Til next time,

Still sincerely and thankful,

Ed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh ed that sucks! wish there was something i could do from england our house has way too many steps otherwise i would say go for it! keep your head up budd you will find something i promise hugs and kisses doe xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Eddie ,

I got dis idea see. I know somebody who knows somebody who works for the Calgary Police,see. He could pull some strings see, and make life miserable for da Butazzoni boneheads. If choo need dat to 'appen, choo led me know.
Smile buddy.