Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19/2011

Well after speaking with Angela's attending physician yesterday, they are sadly pretty confident that Angela's kidneys are shot for life and she will be required to continue with dialysis. On an upside...it has been determined that Angela is NOT diabetic and therefore can adjust her diet accordingly now. She still remains on a renal diet, although I am not sure what all this entails but will be asking the questions on Friday. Angela was quite happy to hear this news.....I'm sure she has orders upon orders of junk food planned out in her mind now. lol

We have a Discharge Planning Meeting this Friday to review Ang's condition both physically and mentally with various departmental members of the hospital staff. I have no other information at this point but I still don't think it will be in the very near future that Angela is actually discharged.Her occupational and physical therapy is at somewhat of a reduced schedule because of the fact that 3 days a week are pretty much a write-off due to dialysis. Between having to be transported to and from London to receive the treatment as well as the after effects of fatigue etc, it is hindering the amount of time that can be devoted toward rehab.

My layman's prognosis for Angela still remains the same as it has been for months. I believe she will need to reside in handicapped accessible housing that provides some type of assisted living. I do not for see Angela as being able to perform a lot of every day activities on her own safely. I have invited Cheshire homes of London to our meeting on Friday to see if perhaps they may have something to offer Angela in the way of assisted living/housing. If anyone out there in my blog world is or has been faced with the same type of challenges, I'd love to hear if you have any possible avenues for us, as a family, to explore.

On a cheerier note....I was asked last night by my best friend to be his Best Man at his upcoming wedding. Of course I said yes, and will be proud and honoured to stand by his side! The actual date is still to be determined, but it looks like this summer sometime! God-willing, I'll stay healthy enough to fulfill my duties! Just one more reason to continue my fight :) :) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ed......YOUR ALWAYS THE BEST MAN AND I AM SURE YOU WILL FULFILL ANY DUTY/CHALLENGE PUT IN FRONT OF YOU. On the Angela front, I believe what you are doing is right on track....some sort of assisted living especially her being on dialysis now that alone runs a person right down, she will become better and better mentally around other people she will make friends with and in a safe environment where she still has the freedom to be somewhat independant. Catch u for a morning chat tomorrow.....NO CLIENTS BOOKED FOR ME YIPPEEEEEE........HAVE A GREAT DAY ...XXOO HUGS DI