Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 24/11

Well, let the fun begin!! We had our Family Meeting on Friday with the hospital staff. They are feeling that Angela could be released as early as the end of this week. As absolutely wonderful as that sounds, it also poses a bunch of issues that have to be worked out. First and foremost....where is Angela going to live????? Angela's current townhome rental is not going to work. Occupational Therapy has said she can not do any stairs at this time, nor does she have the ability to walk more than 50 metres (even with the use of a walker etc) There is also the concern about Angela's short-term memory loss. She will at minimum, require some type of home-care either through CCAC or Cheshire House (whom I invited to Friday's meeting) She will also require assistance with meals,medication, laundry, and many everyday tasks we all take for granted.

We may have to have Angela go into a Respite facility for up to 90 days until we can figure all this stuff out.She is not going to be happy about that but there is no other choice at this time. Through Cheshire Homes of London, there is about a 4 year waiting list for a unit in St.Thomas that has round the clock "assisted living." We may have to look for a private rental unit that is wheelchair-accessible for her. And gee, where is all the money going to come from to pay for all of this??? Stress level meter increasing by the minute!! lol

Needless to say, it will be a busy week for me and the family. Things will have to happen fast and furious before they boot her out of the hospital.

Happy Birthdays to my dad and sister Shirley, hope you both had a wonderful birthday weekend. I spent the weekend with Faith and one of her friends at the trailer. I have had it up for sale since last year but have asked for it to be taken off the market now because I feel that I am able to enjoy it a little more this year. Last year, I was in a bad place emotionally and my frustration level with my leg and everything else cancer-related was pretty high. I think I've grown to accept the new me a little more this year and thus, able to enjoy the trailer more.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Susie J. who is a dear friend of mine in Joplin. Thankfully her and her family are still alive and well after the vicious tornado that ripped though that city over the weekend.
My support and positive thoughts also go out to a few more dear friends who are either directly or indirectly, battling the cancer demon right now. Oh how I wish I could take it all away.
To my friends Deborah and Mike....may you be thankful that it was only your material possessions that burned to the ground in your house fire outside of Woodstock this past weekend. As hugely devastating as it must be, at least you are alive and well and are still her to be able to rebuild your future. Thinking of you all and my offer still stands guys. You shall overcome this bump in the road !!

Just to get it off my chest......it appears I may have lost a few friends over the past couple of months due to the fact that I have been unable to devote the time I guess they felt I should be to them. To them, I apologize for not being there I guess. In my own defence.....I would gladly be leading the life of a boring, dull person right now. Unfortunately, there are not enough hours in the day for me lately. I am consumed with helping to get my sister's life sorted out right now as well as trying to find time to deal with my own stuff. As much as I would like to be, I cannot be 5 different places at one time.....so for those who choose to stick by me....please be patient. I'm trying :/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ewwwww not sure if I should comment on this one ......I just saw red when I read one paragraph ~ all I can say is HOW INCONSIDERATE OF SOME PEOPLE.....Ed you don't apologize to anyone or explain reasoning to anyone, it is quite obvious you have been and are still dealing with more than any of us truly could and you deserve so much better than ANYONE tossing you to the side cause you don't have the time to connect....grrrrrr.....Anyway I'm done ranting...lol hugs xxxoo Di