Total Pageviews

Monday, August 18, 2008

August 18/2008 Update

Well, so much for having surgery today! It was cancelled at the last minute (as I was already on the bed, IV in hand and all) due to the fact that I have an infection in my finger (undoubtedly caused by a hangnail).

Now before you all laugh, hear me out!! According to my surgeon, there is already a higher risk of infection doing this second operation because we are utilizing the original access site to the brain. Adding a secondary infection to the mix is just too risky. After hearing that, I didn't feel so foolish but still......


So they have given me some meds to counter the infection and if all clears up by the end of this week, we will re-schedule for next week. Talk about the emotional roller coaster going on for me and those close to me! Uggh!!

In the end, it is for the best and as soon as I know more details about a revised surgery date, I will pass it along.

Ed

No comments: