Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 7, 2008

August 7 2008

Hello everyone:

Ok, I've been bugged enough now (all in good spirit) to write another blog entry. Along with that, I also have some more news to share. On Friday August 1st, I got the results of my latest MRI scan at my scheduled Cancer Clinic appointment. Unfortunately, the results were disappointing. The chemotherapy I had been undergoing for the last 3 months has has zero effect on controlling or reducing the size of the brain tumor. The tumor and brain tissue swelling has continued to grow to the point of requiring more surgery. To be honest, I had a gut feeling the tumor was still growing but not at the agressive speed my Neurologist informed me of.

So the next step is to prepare for surgery in the next few weeks. Tuesday August 12th, I will see a Dr. Megasy at London's University Hospital for my initial consultation. I have requested that the surgery be done closer to home rather than in Hamilton this time simply for travel convenience for all involved. I have faith that Dr. Megasy is equally as qualified as the surgeon in Hamilton.

Until surgery, my anti-seizure and brain swelling meds have been both been at least doubled to provide me some relief (back to my daily diet of pills, pills and more pills!!)

On a positive note, I now have a living angel who has been sent to me. Lori has helped me over the past while in so many ways I would not even know where to begin the list.

We are still planning the Disney trip, even though there has been this latest setback. If it is the very last thing I see on this earth, I WILL get Faith there and know that we will have memories to cherish forever. Once again, I cannot thank my Cami, Military and everyday families for opening your hearts to make my little girl's dream vacation come true.

On thr business side of things......I am looking to purchase a good used electric 4-wheeled golf cart and /or scooter to help me get around. If anyone knows of any good deals, please contact me. My walking is quite limited and clumsy. ( I have the cuts, scrapes and bruises to prove it!) I have been told to save any gov't assisted funding for a wheelchair, which after discussing with my Occupational Therapist, makes alot of sense. The cart will just make "life on the farm" that much easier for me because I expend the majority of my energy just trying to get from A to B. And if you know me at all, you know that I am not one to sit still and relax too often.

On a final note, I guess I never know when my last "post" will be so I just want each and every one of you to know that you must have touched my life in one way or another if you are reading this. And for that, I thank you and now know what that thing called love is made out of, on so many different levels.

Peace,

me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Edward..It's Angela,We all have to be patient with you,You take it easy..The whole family is very greatful that you have that special angel and friend lori..It's like she's part of our family,she's done so much..Try to keep being positive,and with that sence of humour you have,You have touch so many lives in different ways..you have shown me edward how much family is truly Important..I say a prayer for you and faith every night,That little girl is so lucky to have such a strong,kind,thoughtful,understanding..dad like you..Edward you are the best,and I love you..Keep fighting,and always know I am here for anything..When u feel your down or flustered just think about little faith,or your family..You bring so much joy to our lives..Anyway just know we all love you,and when you need to lean,lean on all of us..That's what family is for..I hope to see you soon ok..Love your little sis..Angela xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

hey Ed, I don't know if you remember me or not but I am Rob Lipcic-spehars' little sister Juli. I have been reading your blogs and it's great that you are CHOOSING to live your life; no matter what circumstances surround you. I seen the ugly face of cancer a few yrs ago with our mama. She had stage 4 cancer when it was discovered and the docs told her she would only live 2-4 months tops before she would succumb to the cancer. well she could have curled up in a ball and waited to die, but no; she CHOSE to live also. She baffled ALL the medical profession by living 15, yup thats fifteen long, healthy, feel good months. We created so many wonderful blessed memories together, it was so wonderful. She placed her problem in God's hands and each and every day we prayed to God for a miracle...a miracle to completely heal her of all the cancer in her body. you see it is so much better to ask God for alot and get some of it, than to ask God for nothing and get all of it. God performs miracles all around us, I see He has performed several miracles in your life already. Your daughter is truly a miracle and I am soooo happy you have been chosen by her to be her daddy. Ed keep pressing on, push forward and pray, pray, pray. God is a good God and He wants to bless (us) His children. It would be a shame to get to heaven and see a room filled with all these unopened blessings that God had in store for you that you just didn't ask for. You have been placed to the top of my daily prayer list and I have been praying for you fervently. May God bless you and your family my friend.

Anonymous said...

hey ed its me doreen the one lori brought you over to meet and you had already been at my house dropping off your exes child for a bday party that was weird eh! i have read your blog and i think its a great idea....makes me moving to england from otterville not such a big thing life brings you hurdles and you jump them right? please keep in touch i would like to see the pics of the surgery like i said i took nursing it wont upset me i just want to keep informed of your illness and your fight over this is amazing! keep strong and know i am praying for you even though i met you twice in my lifetime something clicked and you made my transition to another country much easier as i know your transition perhaps to a bigger place easier.....sorry if that sounds selfish i dont mean to do that but i know you can talk about these things....i think i need to talk to you to keep me positive about being here away from my son and my family as well as i think i can help you with some humour and good thoughts so please email me back ok? take care mr ed you are fighting the fight of your life and are doing it with grace and integrity all the things god gave us as newborns! love ya ed cheers from jolly old england doe my email is derphonse@hotmail.com and i will give you my number as you know the time change is 5 hours ahead here so when you cant sleep i can talk ok?? talk care and please please email me kay?? doe