Total Pageviews

Friday, August 15, 2008

Second Surgery Info

Hello :)
Well I am officially going to have someone (qualified at least) pick my brain this coming Monday August 18/2008. I am scheduled for surgery at 1:00pm that day (give or take an hour or so depending on how the first case of the day goes). I am second in line for surgery so I'll let Doctor Megasy warm up on him/her ;)

The procedure as I said before will be an "awake craniotomy" and will take between 4 and 6 hours to complete. I will be taken through various stages of consciousness throughout the procedure from almost unconscious during the initial opening of my head to fully conscious while the doctor asks me numerous questions and gets me to perform various muscle functions. Post operative will be pretty much the same as last time....1 to 2 hours in recovery and then to the "mini-ICU" for 24 hour continuous watch until it is safe to move me to a normal semi-private room.
The operation will take place on the second floor of the University campus on Windemere Road. If you're looking how to get there, go here.........http://www.lhsc.on.ca

I was told that visiting hours may be different than the normal 4pm to 8pm so it may be advisable to call in advance. Don't forget....the price of admission is a large double double coffee available in the front lobby! heh heh KIDDING! Wish me luck and its going to be a busy weekend now but I will still do my best to get back to you if you have any questions etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ed !
Greetings from the West! You look like you fit right in here in Calgary with a lid like that! !
Question: Does the procedure give you back some of the lost mobility/feeling?.... At least for a while?
Got a scooter on sale right down the street here, but it's $4685.00 plus shipping. Nice red one--with a flag!
I'm thinking no. Right?
You are an inspiration bud. I read all about the procedure that you sent out. Fascinating stuff.
Good Luck and don't let them take out too much grey matter.
Rick

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you Eddie:)

Hugs