Total Pageviews

Monday, September 22, 2008

Friday's Appt

Hello my friends :

Here's an update from Friday's Cancer Clinic appt:

- not going to start any new chemo at this point to allow my body to heal more

- detailed pathology report showed most of mass removed was dead brain matter (from radiation undoubtedly) with some cancerous cells intermingled

- Will schedule an MRI in approx. one month

- Return visit to see Dr.MacDonald in one month to review status

- Edema in feet and ankles undoubtedly caused by medications, continue to wear compression stockings for relief


In a nutshell, its the waiting game again. There is tumour activity going on in there but the gang of them have not come together to form a big enough mass to be dealt with. The edema is really taking a toll on my feet and ankles. I've found that if I put my work boots on early enough in the day, I'm good to go. Otherwise, there are no other shoes that I can get on my feet. I haven't even been able to find a decent pair of slippers that have enough give to accomodate the swelling.

I took Faith and one of her friend's camping this past weekend (thank you for the use of your trailer Kim!) and we had a great time. I was able to relax somewhat and the girls were able to explore the park (all the while in contact with me via 2-way radios of course!)

My sleep pattern seems to be improving a little. I'm sure this is in part, due to the lesser amount of chemo in my body. (did you know that chemo stays in your body for 6-12 months?)

Not having much luck with the booking of Disney on-line by myself so I think I'll hand it over to the local travel agency and let them take care of it. Wow, I'm actually resigning to the fact that I CAN'T do everything by myself!! ;) On that note, I am going to try my best to utilize the cane more because my walking is getting more and more difficult lately.

Thats about it for now...I'm knee deep in paperwork still so I'de better get to it!

Thank you for all the mail and well wishes :)

Love
Ed

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take it that you will need a velcro type slipper with ankle support ... you may have looked at this site already but here you go

http://www.footsmart.com/P-FootSmart-Mens-Wrap-Around-Slippers-70543.aspx

What is your normal shoe size?

God bless

Anonymous said...

keep your head up ed and make sure you put deodorant in your socks lol ewE!!thinking of you always your friend from across the seas doe doe

Anonymous said...

"Normally" I'm a size 9

Anonymous said...

Hi - don't be discouraged about the disney booking online. We had troubles too and ended up calling. It wouldn't accept our credit card so we started trying different ones. We realized that we have a LOT of different credit cards!