Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 15, 2012

December 15 2012

Hello everyone.... 

Just a quick update since my last post. I feel the headache issue is two fold. The infection seems to be clearing up with the help of two antibiotics but I'm still experiencing daily headaches...  But not as extreme. I personally feel this may be Tumour related due to the growth and swelling. But for now I will just have to play the waiting game until December 24 when I get the results from the MRI on December 21.

Started the double dosage of DEXAMETHASONE a few days ago and already my sleep pattern has got even worse. I think I have had 2 hours sleep tonight with not much reprieve in sight since I have Faith this weekend. No big deal though....  I will sleep through the week....  Maybe. lol

Since my left side has become pretty much useless now, I have been going to physiotherapy just to have them manipulate my muscles to prevent as much atrophy as possible. This was going great until I receive a letter in the mail the other day stipulating that since I have a chronic condition, they feel that an adequate time in visits have been allowed and that an in home exercise program to maintain function and range of motion should be adequate enough. This mail was sent by my private insurance carrier. I wonder if there is anything that they do cover in my plan? ??  How nice of them!  I guess I will look for something else affordable because I do not want all my muscle groups on the left side to seize up any further. I've already noticed decreased muscle mass and lost over 75% mobility in my left side.

Myself and some of my family members are leaving on January 10 for a one week vacation in Mexico. I think we all truly need a break from cancer. It not only affects me, but those close to me also. Faith is over the Moon about going to Mexico and I can't wait to see the excitement in her face when we actually get there. She is my reason for being.....  And I want to give her a little boost in January to allow her to continue to fight the fight right alongside her daddy.


Thanks for listening and enjoy your weekend

Ed



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Luv ya Buddy...XO

Think of you each day. In my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am hoping that dex increase does you some good! I am hoping 8mgs makes those headaches go bye bye!! Keep up the good work, your doing an amazing job. Jennifer for the GBM support group.

Alise Cole said...

I didn't realize dex was responsible for my insomina.. The less I'm on; the worse I sleep.. Is I also responsible for night sweats? Do you know?