Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 22 2012

Well what a horrible few past days these have been. Without looking back on previous posts to remember what I've told you or not....  Here it is. Over the past while my headaches have gotten increasingly more severe to the point where I cannot even consider moving from point A to point B until the Tylenol kicked in when I wake up in the morning. I would have to sit still for almost an hour before I could do anything. Today it's got to the point where I resigned to letting my sister call my family Dr. At home to see what he could do to save me from going to emerg. So as of now I'm on Hydromorephone which finally is giving me some relief from the 24/7 pain. I have always refused a stronger painkiller in the past but it got to the point where enough was enough.

We had our family Christmas today but unfortunately I was bedridden for most of it. I think the rest of the family had a good time though and they're all understanding of my situation. My relatives came down from Burlington which was nice and I think this was the first time we have had so many of us together all at once.

As for the hand and foot syndrome, that seems to be getting a little better also. There was a point where I could not even walk for more than a few steps without excruciating pain on the soles of my feet. Yes I know...  I'm beginning to whine. Still experiencing total body weakness. It's difficult to even get up out of the chair. Not sure of the root cause of this but I'm sure Monday's MRI results should tell me a lot of answers as to what is going on in my noodle.

Had to restart my antibiotics because my nurse noticed more signs of infection over the past while. Could that have been the cause of the headaches? Who knows....  All unanswered questions until Monday I guess. I find myself getting very agitated easily lately. Undoubtedly due to the fact they doubled my steroid. Please do not take it personally at all. Just another lovely side effect of the drugs that I have to deal with.  Thank you all for understanding. I should be able to squeeze in one more post before Christmas so I will save my well wishes until then.

Sincerely

Ed 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ED, sorry you are in so much discomfort. Hopefully you will get some answers on Monday. You are not whining but you are giving us a real perspective of how this disease affects yet another person we know and care about. Keep up the fight!

Unknown said...

Hey Edward you have earned a little whine time,let it happen and don't beat yourself up about it. Its OK to have feelings good and bad. You have put up a brave fight. Think of you lots and you are in our prayers.

Unknown said...

Don't ever feel you are whining, this is real and it F*N sucks. Your journey thus far has put so many things into perspective for me and I'm sure so many others. You are a man that is admired by so many people. We all love and adore you and I know each one of your friends, family will continue to pray for you. Stacey XO

I ask in Lord's name he watch over you and give you the strength you need. I ask that he provide you with the energy to get through this trying time, I ask you Lord Jesus to give Ed comfort so he can enjoy Christmas with his beautiful daughter Faith, so she is able to have the wonderful memories of her AMAZING, STRONG, LOVING, COURAGEOUS father. Please Lord Jesus ease Ed of his pain from his head aches, and his hand and foot problem, shower him with your unwavering grace. I ask this in Jesus name. Amen