Total Pageviews

Monday, December 24, 2012

December 24 2012 MRI follow-up appointment

Received the results today from Friday's MRI. The results were not good. The Tumour is still growing and the Avastin unfortunately in my case, is not doing its job. Sadly it seems to be having the opposite effect. Worsening my left side which would continue if I remained taking it. Therefore any future infusions have been canceled and we're going to attempt at yet another drug this one in pill form again for 30 days. This drug is normally use in breast cancer patients but a much lower dosage.  Apparently there have been some success stories using this drug at a higher dosage for brain tumors. We have no clue if this will have any effect but again, I will exhaust every avenue available.  The drug is called Tamoxifen Citrate.

I have a month now to digest this information and determine my next step. The trust fund money will  go toward my next option...  Whether that be here in Canada, the U.S. of A or elsewhere. My oncologist said that if the tumor continues to grow at this rate I can expect to see some major regression in a couple of months. When asked about that he said that I would probably require a lot more care in the home, if I can even still live alone that is.

So all in all, it hasn't been a very fun day but I'm still here today and that's what matters as it allows me to plan for tomorrow to fight another day. Will still try to remain in the Christmas spirit for the sake of my daughter and family. My poor head is pounding right now, undoubtedly from the never ending curve ball that keeps coming my way.

I just wanted to let you all know the gist of what transpired today and I think I need a little rest right now. If I think of anything else I forgot to tell you, I will update at point. Right now I need to recharge my batteries and prepare to face another day.

If I don't get back to the blog before tomorrow, please know that I wish you all very merry Christmas and a healthy, happy and joyous 2013.

Sincerely,

Ed McDade

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Ed! I hope the new year brings with it some better results and news for you. You are incredibly strong and inspirational!

Matt R.

Anonymous said...

Merry Xmas my friend.....you are always on my mind...i am sorry about avastin.....hopefully the tomaxafin will work! als mom has to take that for a lifetime but has been cancer free so i am crossing my fingers and praying for you......and all your friends and family! big hugs love ya to the moon and back! doe xo

Anonymous said...

Dig deep and fight on Ed!

Jennifer H