Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 27, 2012

December 27, 2012

And now I remember why I do not like drugs! 

Over the past two days I have been totally out of it due to the fact that I had not been monitoring my new painkiller medication properly. Ends up that I was taking way too many because I could not remember whether I'd taken them are not. So after taking too many two nights ago I ended up so weak and out of it that I could not get off the floor in the computer room. My body was filled with total weakness as well as too many drugs I'm sure. So from 3:00 AM until around 8:00 AM I just laid on the floor sleeping until someone arrived. Yes I probably should have utilized my life alert button but I didn't think I was in any harm by laying there anyway.

I'm feeling somewhat better today, well enough to be on my own right now but still feel weakness. As long as I take it slow I will be OK. I've never had such a horrible feeling in my entire life...  Laying there feeling so helpless with not even enough energy to get myself off the floor. My family was obviously quite worried so Karen spent the night here last night and Shirley and Morris have been popping in and out.

So going forward I will be putting my pain medication into a separate pill bottle and monitor usage from there. Never do I want to go through that again!

So yes that is why I've been unavailable for the past couple of days and I apologize for not replying to anybody.  I'm using a mobility scooter to get around the house now. It is much easier on my strength and trying to walk back and forth all the time. Things seem to be getting slowly more and more difficult but I will continue to plug away as best I can with what I can. Thank goodness for this voice recognition program or I feel I would be out of touch with the whole world since my left side is totally useless now. If if you want to contact me, the best methods are either e-mail or MSN messenger or Facebook. I cannot do long text messages anymore. (and I don't have a voice recognition program set up for text messaging yet)

Thank you

Ed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love you ed........xo