Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 19/11 Day 15 of chemo

Hi all:

Well I am officially over the halfway point with my first round of chemo. The effects have mostly been the inability to sleep for more than 3-4 hours at a time. And to boot, I am not even napping during the day. Damned drugs....I swear they'll kill me before the cancer does. Oh well, they say you can sleep for as long as you want when you're dead (insert snicker here)

It is a very odd time this round. I find that I am feverishly working almost around the clock trying to help people out in any way I can. I'm not sure if this is because I think this is the last round for me, or if its just a change in thinking and wanting to keep myself occupied so I do not dwell on the "other". I'm gonna sign up for the latter I think ;)

So after Chemo ends on May 2nd, I have a follow-up at the Cancer Clinic and we will determine the next course of action. Sad part is.....they have not even given me a date for a follow-up MRI yet to check on the progress of the tumours. Maybe this appt is just to "rub my back and tell me that all is gonna be ok" !!! Buggers!
I totally appreciate our Health System but come on....bringing me back to the clinic without any MRI prior to that??? Whats the purpose in that??

On a better note.....Angela is still improving. She is eating a bit better but is still on dialysis. Personally, I think this dialysis is going to be a long-term thing. I'm going to try to get to the hospital today to see her as well as talk to the Social Worker about after-care etc. We are not sure at this point if Angela can even live on her own or will require some type of facility care.....still so many unknowns. She is still experiencing a lot of confusion with her thoughts etc. We as a family, seem to have to be constantly reminding the Doctors and staff of this. At this point, Angela is really incapable of grasping a lot of events and other such things. Hopefully this improves with time.

With love and gratitude from the whole family to all that have supported us.

Ed

No comments: