Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 13, 2008

My lil sis (2)

Hi all:

The previous and next few posts will undoubtedly be about my little sister's progress so please bare with me as I feel that it is substantially more important than my current state of health. I have absolutely no problem with you shifting the powerful momentum that has kept me going over to my sister now....she needs all the help we can muster. wink wink

Well I just returned from the hospital after spending some time with Angela and here is where her health stands:

The CAT scan results came back showing no abnormalities.
Ang still has an elevated temperature of 38.6 degrees
Still requiring 50% oxygen at this point.

Neurologist visited her today and ordered an MRI and an EG. EG has been completed and MRI is scheduled for 10:45pm this evening. I believe the concern is that since Angela has been taken off the sedative drugs for almost 48 hrs now, the staff feel that she should be more responsive to stimulus such as a command etc. On a positive note, Angela seems to be able to at least hear what is going on around her at this point. Her eyes will open if you speak to her and she seems to be able to focus on you for 5-7 seconds before returning to the "gaze". It was very cute to actually see her yawn twice while my dad and I were there this evening. I'm not sure if a yawn is a reflexive reaction or...? Irregardless, it was the first time I was able to smile while in that room.

The MRI and EG results will be reviewed by the Neurologist hopefully tomorrow and with any luck, he'll be able to answer some on the unknowns regarding Ang's current state and quality of life moving forward.

Once again, myself and my family appreciate all your kind thoughts,acts of kindness and prayers through this most trying time.

Sincerely,

The McDade Family

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Edward for the update. My thoughts and prayers are with the family. My friends are keeping her and you in their prayers. I was surprised to hear how they keep up with your blog. You just keep inspiring so many with your positive attitude, love of family and determination. My love to the family. Donna Shahen

Karen said...

Well...my sis has had a CAT scan which came back negative..some seizure activity detected. Awaiting the results of the MRI today that she had last night about 11pm. My brother is amazing so unselfish about his own condition. We are all praying for our sister...it has been a rough road...but praying she'll pull through...we miss her and love..thanks to all for their kind words of encouragement. Love Karen xxx

Anonymous said...

The rollercoaster ride continue's..we need to be patient..If you know the mcDade's it's not in our vocabulary....Sooo....we wait and wait for all the results of M.R.I's to spianal taps etc....My Gawd, who ever asked for all this...We are strong we will survive..