Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

my lil sis (5)

Hi all:

Just returned from seeing Angela and am happy to inform you that today seemed a better day for her. While my parents were up earlier in the day, they once again allowed Angela to breathe on her own without the assistance of the ventilator. According to the nurse, she did this for 5 hrs today which is a great feat considering she could not breathe at all on her own when she arrived.

The also covered the trache hole so that Angela could try to talk. The nurse said she was able to but didn't say a whole lot, probably due to discomfort in her throat. They have moved Angela down one room on the opposite side now because her old room did not have a lift device that might me needed for her on-going physio. As a bonus, she now has a room with a huge window so she can see the world again:)

Angela's lungs seem to be improving also. Not once while I was there did she cough. The nurse said they were able to suction quite a bit out today, which I would think means its beginning to loosen up.

I still have a concern about Ang's heart though. That issue was kind of put on the back-burner to concentrate on the more pressing issue of the moment....keeping her breathing! lol Perhaps one of the other family members will ask some "heart" questions tomorrow.

I quizzed Ang with some questions that would force her to think back prior to being admitted to hospital. She was able to answer some, but not all questions. I think the question of whether or not she remembered that she and her boyfriend (if you could call the slimeball that) had recently split up. She said that she didn't remember that but our parents had told her. Please tread lightly if you ask her any questions. She does not need any added stress at this time. As for her boyfriend of 5 years....I guess he must have forgotten where the hospital is. No visits, no calls, no nothing.Thats ok though, what comes around goes around ...

Angela has a good network of friends and a loving family that will get her through this bump in the road.


Lastly, but not as important....I am off to Hamilton to see if there is someone there that can try to make a brace for my leg to combat the "drop foot" and "foot inversion" problem I have. Its getting harder and harder to walk on that stupid leg lately.

Ok, thats about it for now.

Take care and thank you for all your continuing support and care for Angela throughout this unfortunate event.

Ed McDade

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddie
I hope all goes well you you and your little sis.
My prayers go to you.
Don Lewis

Anonymous said...

Hey Ed, just want to thank you for sharing these parts of your lives...I use to come on regularly to see how you were doing, now is more often to check both on you and Ange....its been years but I still wish only the best for you, Ange and your entire family and know that with all the love of family and friends, you will all come thru this also.

Angie

Anonymous said...

Thank you to all for your comments. I'm sure once Angela is out of the hospital and I show her this, she will be equally as thankful.

Anonymous said...

Oops, that last "thank you comment" was from me....inadvertantly posted it as "anonymous"

Ed McDade

Anonymous said...

Thanks once again for the update on Angie. She's a trooper. I hope she continues to make progress.

Good luck in Hamilton, Ed.

Take care

Tina Sanguine

Anonymous said...

It was nice seeing u last night Ed. Hope your sister is doing better. My thoughts and prayers are with your family through this difficult time !

Lisa McLain

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear angela is doing better Ed. Thanks for keeping us all up to date. Time to call mom with the news. Take care and good luck with the brace.
Michele Manicom

Anonymous said...

Ed I have never met you but I must say you are an amazing person, very giving individual. I worked with Morris for years and now am off work too, but you are very inspirational to us all.
I pray that things will work out for you and maybe in the near future I will be able to meet you. Good luck on Friday with your results, take care and know that others are praying for you too.