Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 16, 2008

my lil sis (4)

What a wonderful day it was yesterday. Angela made some definite forward progress throughout the day. She was able to respond to commands such as "blink twice and squeeze my hand". You could also tell that she understood what was going on around her even though she was not verbally able to respond. My sister Karen joked about how she had 2 hot male nurses and Angela was able to raise her eyebrows and almost produce a grin.

Although the doctors tell us she still has a long road ahead of her (with all the family along side her every step of the way) it was so good to hear the happiness in my parent's and sister's voices. Its been an exhausting 8 day for all of us and Angela was able to give us that glimmer of hope to let us all know that it was all worth every second of every day.

Its been the family coming together and rallying, as well as all of our beautiful friends out there that have offered their support, kind thoughts, visits and prayers that have made this happen. You are all truly amazing people.

I will try to update later this evening after I visit Angela.

Sincerely,

Ed

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Good morning Ed: I am so glad to hear that your sister is doing much better.. I have her in my prayers for a full recovery. She's very lucky to have so much love and support from family and friends. Wishing you and your family warm wishing...T