Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

WE DID IT FINALLY!!!!!






Well my friends, we finally made it to the land where dreams and wishes do come true. Yes, we finally made the trip to DISNEY!!

What a trip it was. Without having any of you fall asleep on your keyboard, I will attempt to give you the Readers Digest version of our trip.

Our trip started out on October 21st at 6am with Back Ty Limo Service picking us up at my house. Both myself and Faith had never been in a limo so I thought it would be nice to start the trip off with a "first" even before the sun rose that day. For my Cami friends, you may remember the owner of Black Ty Limo, Jammie D. He was our driver that morning and my thanks go out to him for his excellent service and his thoughtfulness by providing us with a great discount for his service.

To backtrack for a second...we ended up extending our trip on the front end by two days because Westjet's flights were booked solid on the day we intended to leave. No fault of Westjet, it was my last minute planning. So that being said, we now had 2 days to relax and enjoy the resort at Disney before we hit the parks. I ended up renting a 4 wheeled scooter for the 5 days that we spent at the resort and Disney. It certainly came in handy and saved on some exhaustion I'm sure!

For Faith, I think the highlight of our time at the Magic Kingdom was getting to see all the characters and getting her "Princess Make-over". The make-over was amazing. Faith got to choose everything she wanted to wear from her shoes all the way up to her hair and crown. The Fairy Godmother that did her makeover totally fit the part. She was a very attractive woman in her late fifties I'd think, with long grey/white hair. All throughout the makeover, she'd be whispering Faith's ear, telling her stories etc. The look on my daughter's face was absolutely priceless. I was so happy that I was able to capture it on video and camera. That hour of watching her getting her makeover will forever be in my heat. The kid made her Dad melt;)

After 3 days of Disney, we embarked on a 4 day cruise on the Disney Wonder ship. Our accommodations were fabulous and I was lucky enough to get us a stateroom with a huge balcony facing the rear of the ship. There were so many activities on the ship that I'd have to say that we enjoyed it more than Disney itself!! Every night, Faith's bed would be turned down by our attendant (Ferdy) who would make an animal out of a white towel (Towel Origami?) and have it waiting on her bed. Faith was excited every evening to see what surprise he had left for her.

During the cruise we stopped at 2 ports of call: Nassau Bahamas and Castaway Cay, which is a private island owned by Disney.

Everything about the trip was fabulous, especially the cruise. I will never be able to thank everyone enough, who contributed in one way or another to make this dream become reality. I will forever be in your debt and I will never forget the kindness you have all shown during this trying period in my life. You've helped form some of the best memories possible for both myself and Faith. For that I thank you.

I do have to admit that the trip did wear me out somewhat so I'm just slowly now trying to get back on my feet figuratively speaking, and get things back to normal. In other words, be patient with me when it comes to phone calls, e-mails etc. (I know....I sound like a broken record)


I truly would like to acknowledge the following kind-hearted people who helped to make this happen (If I have missed anyone, please accept my apologies in advance) The names are in no particular order:

My Cami Automotive Inc family (both hourly and salary)
Dawn, Lynn and Bernie Ruddick
Michele and Con Manicom
Norma Joyes and Gary Jasper
My loving parents
Marilyn and Robert Thompson
Brent Barton
Lynn Johnston and Joe Blanche
Lori Cadotte
My Military Family
Brad and Jenn Norman
Westjet Airlines
Black Ty Limousine
Tanners Studio

You have all made a little girl's dream come true and allowed her Dad to pocket some very precious memories.

Thank you all.

Very sincerely,

Love,

Ed and Faith McDade

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If ever anyone was deserving of a dream come true it was indeed you and your daughter. Your expressions gratitude to all for what they gave to you and your little princess,are heart wrenching to say the least. If ever an individual deserved to have something remarkable done for them it was you. You have been a truly remarkable inspiration to all that have had the pleasure of knowing you and being a part of your life. Glad to hear that your vacation was a joyful time!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you and faith had so much fun !!! You are a remarkable man ! I wish I had half the strengh that u do !!

Lisa McLain

Anonymous said...

Your life has touched mine in a way that I will never be able to explain or thank you for...thank you.

Anonymous said...

Ed, you have a gift for writing. I am so glad to hear that you and Faith had such a wonderful time. Truly a Fairy Tale come true for both of you. The pictures you posted are wonderful too!

Joanne

Anonymous said...

You are truly an inspiration Ed. Thank you for sharing your story with us. All the best to you and Faith.

Cheers!
Walt & Maureen

Anonymous said...

Great pics Ed. Glad to hear that everything turned out great.
Can't waite to c the rest of the pics and the video, I'm sure y'all got alot of pics, if y'all need any help putting them in order in a photo book i would b more then happy to do that for you.
I'm happy y'all made it there and back without insedent. Faith must b over the moon with such a trip and will be talked about at school for a long time, i'm sure.
As I had said b4, you are a VERY strong man, and that strenght will carry y'all through anything for a very long time.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Faith every day.
Talk at y'all later.
Luv ya. Your friend Annette.
take care.
P.S. I'll bring a double double with me when i come to visit. (when y'all got time).

Anonymous said...

Edward I am so thrilled that you and Faith were able to make those special memories. Your truly a remarkable guy and an inspiration to so many people. Always in our prayers. The Manicoms

Anonymous said...

wow Ed..Faith is adorable in the pictures and looks like shes loving every minute....wasnt the best stop disneys island....we loved it....i drove everyone nuts on my trip cause of all the activities on the ship, didnt want to miss a thing........kept everyone running......The trip sounded awesome...memories to cherish for ever......
ps our weather was pretty nice to u know...lol
take care
ttys
Michele

Anonymous said...

Ed,

We are so glad to see that you had a wonderful time. The look on your daughter's face says it all! She will never forget it.

Brent & Kim Barton