Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 16, 2008

What a difference a day makes!

Good evening :)

Well I just returned from seeing my little sister Angela and let me tell you....Wow, what a difference a day makes. I had my daughter here this weekend so I did not go to the hospital yesterday but received regular updates from my family. They told me that there had been improvements but of course, being me, I wanted to see it with my own eyes.

As soon as I walked in the room I got a little grin from Angela and right then I knew that we were going in the right direction. Ang is able to recognize people now, is able to squeeze your hand, wiggle her toes and blink all on command now. This tells me that the fighter in her is still alive and kicking and is not about to give in to this. I sat by the bedside and actually watched TV with her tonight. Throughout my time there I joked with her about various things and I could tell she appreciated my humour (even if it was lame). Every time Angela would cough, she'd raise her eyebrows as if to say "Gawd, I just want to get better and get out of this place.

Apparently sleep hasn't been high on Ang's priority list over the past few days so I told her to close her eyes and rest or I'd duct tape them closed and force her to sleep. ;) Believe it or not, she must have thought I was serious because when I began to stroke her forehead and hair, she closed her eyes for me. That moment between us was precious but even more precious was when I told her I was going to head home and let her rest, kissed her on the forehead and told her I loved her. Angela shocked the heck out of me by mouthing "I love you too" back to me. Needless to say I called mom and dad and told them the news on the way home and they were happy happy happy :)

Even though Ang and I have not been the closest of siblings in the past, I think tonight was a turning point in many ways.

Now that Angela has reached this point, I think that visitors are equally if not more important to her. I think she will be able to appreciate more, the number of people who have come out already, to cheer her on, to pray and hope for a full recovery. Its going to be a long road for Ang, but with the amount of family and friends that have been there to support her thus far, I KNOW she's going to come out on top of this a survivor.

Good night to all.

Ed

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is GREAT news Ed. She sure has your spunk and fight in her. I'm happy for you....and I'm sure the closeness you felt was shared by her too.

Joanne

Anonymous said...

That's excellent news Ed! It brought tears to my eyes. It sounds like she is on the right track to recovery. Family is family, when you all get together,its amazing how much love and strength can come when you need it the most, despite any problems in the past. All the best Ed, and you take care.

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family!