Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 13, 2008

04/13/2008

Well, its Sunday at 6:50am. I really need a hobby eh! lol

In perspective, it was nice to hear fellow "C" sufferer Heather S is only going to have to deal with one type of cancer right now. Even though dealing with even one will not be fun, it could have been alot worse. Glass half full theory right Heather!!

The weekend has been fairly quiet. Still feel like I am waiting at the bus stop for the "Round Two" bus to come along. I know I shouldn't sit and dwell on it but I really suck at playing the waiting game. I just want to keep moving forward.

Another ray of sunshine showed up in my mailbox the other day. It was a very wonderful card from Norma J and Gary J, who are both part of my Cami family. Also enclosed was a contribution to the Disney Fund. Thank you ever so much :)

From my visits last week with my Cami friends, I see that there is alot of management shuffle going on with the upcoming shift reduction etc. Just like the old saying goes I guess, "A change is as good as a rest". You can use this opportunity to either sh*t or shine.....thats my thought ;)

I'm still awaiting on the arrival of my copy of "The Last Lecture". Cathy V was kind enough to offer try to pick me up a copy in London over the weekend. I can't ever remember having this much anticipation to read a book!! lol I guess its because of the fact the I feel Randy Pausch and I have so much in common.

Well I guess thats all for now......sorry that I don't have too much news to report.


Waiting..........

Ed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the link to Randy's health homepage. I checked it frequently to see how he is doing.
http://download.srv.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/news/index.html


This is a direct link to the actual The Last Lecture video. It is AMAZING! What a life lesson. I love to read but the visual version added something as you can see the emotion of the faces of those involved. Enjoy.

http://download.srv.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/

Always in my thoughts and prayers,
D.