Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 24, 2008

A bit of an update......

Well, yesterday I got results from the neck MRI and it showed positive improvement. The herniated disc has shrunk almost back to its original size! My doctor said that this only occurs in 5 to 10% of cases so I'll count myself as lucky! Thats one less thing I have to worry about now.
Today, I had my first brain MRI since surgery. This will show whether there has been any improvement or worsening of my condition. I meet with my 2 cancer doctors on Tuesday of next week to review the results and plan our next attack.(which as far as I know, will be more chemotherapy according to my last visit)

I've been keeping in touch with a few of my old military buddies lately and they are planning to have some sort of fund-raiser in Calgary for the "Disney Fund". I'll tell you, I was totally amazed at this. Being as I got out of the military in 1990, its nice to know that we left enough of an impact on each others lives to continue to care after all these years.

I've been trying to lay low lately, doing some of the things that I need to accomplish etc. Trust me though, I do read all the e-mails etc every day and I thank you for your thoughts :)

Healthwise, I am still quite fatigued. I can't seem to last the whole day without having a nap (or two!) I guess my body is just telling me its payback time and I have to listen to it.

I probably won't update again until after Tuesday of next week when I have my appointment at the Cancer Clinic.

With heartfelt thanks to all :)

Ed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean no operation needed for the herniated disc then?

The prayer partners at my church have been asking for a progress report for you. They pray daily.

If you have a minute when you aren't exhausted, could you please let me know.

Thanks,
Donna S.

EJM68 Ed McDade said...

Hi D

Yes, that means no disc surgery for now...as long as I don't aggravate it. I should have alot more news after tomorrow.