Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My last day!!

Wow, its hard to believe that today is FINALLY my last day of radiation and chemotherapy!! Well for a month anyways (let me enjoy it would ya!) No more radiation ....ever! In all seriousness, I have mixed feelings about that. Knowing that I cannot have anymore radiation therapy makes me feel good but at the same time also makes me realize that that means there is one less option for keeping "creeping charlie" under control. The body cannot handle radiation therapy in the same location more than once in a lifetime generally. So now my options will consist of chemotherapy and surgery. Then there are the non-conventional treatments such as naturopathy etc to consider.

Another thing on my "must-do" list will be to visit at least 2 of my old military friends out in Calgary. I talked briefly with one of them last night via mobile Facebook and it re-affirmed my need to go out there. Although its been 18 years since we've seen each other, it seems like only yesterday. I guess those are the bonds that we develop during different phases of our life that we never lose, no matter the distance or the time that passes.

Got an amazing e-mail from my best friend yesterday, just telling me what our friendship means etc. Guy to guy, thats a pretty big feat to accomplish. Thanks bud ;)

Well my appointment isn't until 5:15pm tonight so I guess I actually have a day to do as I please!

I love my family, I love my friends and most of all, I love the life I've been given :)

Until next time

EJM68

4 comments:

thestefans said...

Hey Dummy! Good for you - round 1 complete! You are an amazing person Ed - the words you write are 'real' & 'honest' & simply 'life'. It seems every other person you run into is fighting a similar battle. The people I know (you included) are so positive & inspirational. When I listen to your stories (& Beth's, & Heather's), my heart can't help but break...but then you guys say something or write something that makes it all seem better. I'm sure that doesn't make sense...well it does to me! I thank you for sharing your thoughts & feelings throughout your journey so far. I think alot of what you have written will help my family with Heather as she starts her journey. Just know that I am always wishing the best of the best for you! Enjoy the little things!
:) Laura

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to making it through to this last treatment with strength, humility, humour, grace and hope. You are an inspiration to many. God bless and keep you in His tender loving arms.

Anonymous said...

Eddie !
You made it!
Can we get a HOO-HAH Private McDade?
HOO---HAH.... Sir, yes Sir.
One step at a time. Baby steps ,giant strides--whatever.
Keep up the great work on this blog. Remember...if you need a place to crash in Calgary...I'm in Cochrane( 15 minute drive).
Rick Demaray

Anonymous said...

Hey bro...I sit here each day devouring your most intimate thoughts....I think we are so blessed with todays technology..It amazes me that our relatives from as far away as England can zoom into "the life and times of Ed"...
Love you bro,,Shirl