Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Update

Well what a long afternoon that was!

After waiting over 1.5 hrs for the first doctor to see me, we finally sat down, went through a bunch of function tests and then got down to business. The tumour is still present, even after surgery, radiation and chemotherapy. The size of it is 4.1cm by 2.6cm. (in an irregular shape). The written report stated that the findings were "in keeping with history of Glioblastoma". In plain terms, I am the typical Cancer patient with this type of tumour. I guess what that means to me at this point is that have to still go with their current prognosis until we discover other findings further down the road.

So what happens now........

Beginning tonight (yes, tonight) I will start my next round of chemotherapy which will consist of a 5 day treatment plan at 4 times the dosage of my previous chemo. I will do this for a minimum of 6 months. I will be seen by the LRCC doctors every 4 weeks during this treatment. My next MRI will be sometime in mid-July.

Of course with a higher chemo dose comes a higher dose of anti-nauseant meds too. That means it'll be back to sleepy ole Ed for a while. That being said, please understand my requirement for sleep.

After my first 5 days of treatment, I will see what effect it has on me and then hopefully begin putting together a plan for the Disney trip.

So thats about it....tumour is still present...going to try fight it with more chemo....life goes on :)

Thanks to all who sent their well-wishes today ......it helped to put me a little more at ease :)

EJM68

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Edward,

I am so sorry the news wasn't better. Don't give up hope, miracles happen. I'm still praying for one and I'll just have to keep praying harder and more often.

God bless you,
Donna S.

Teresa said...

Dear Ed: I'm sorry to hear that the news wasn't the greatest for you, but you are a very strong and determined, wonderful man and you will get through this and beat it...stay strong and positive (which I know you will)....my prayers are with you and your family...
Love Teresa

Anonymous said...

Edster! Hello my friend. I have a lot to say and not sure long of a message I can leave on here. Today is the first day that I have logged on to your site. I have now read it from the beginning and it filled me with a lot of emotions. You sound strong and determined, which doesn't surprise me. You have a great support base and it sounds like you are taking strength from it. In this next chapter of your fight I hope you continue to pull from that. We are here for you. If you need anything please ask. I think about you often. I will finish my thoughts in an email.

Hugs, Lester V

Anonymous said...

Hey Ed

Finally got connected to your blog and my prayers are with you (adn I don't Pray). You are one of the strongest ppl I have ever met you tought me more at CAMI than anyone else thus far and for that I am forever greatful. If you need anything you can call me at 519-421-4343. Dan Bender

Anonymous said...

Ed,
Keep up the fight buddy, I know you will. Just want you to know that there is a ton of best wishes for you coming from the shop floor constantly.

Ted H.