Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 10, 2008

" It is what it is "

I feel a little more at peace today after watching Diane Sawyer's story on PrimeTime Live last night. For those of you who didn't get the opportunity to watch it, the storyline was about an amazing man named RANDY PAUSCH. This gentleman told the story of his current life with pancreatic cancer and how is family (an amazing wife and 3 small children ) is dealing with it. He has also just released a book entitled " THE LAST LECTURE" which will be first on my list today to go out and purchase.

I won't divulge the meat of the storyline to you but will only say that I feel that Randy and I seem to have the very same outlook on life and death. The title of my blog today is taken from a line that he uses to describe the outlook and prognosis of his cancer. He knows he is going to die before his intended time but I think he realizes what his purpose was on this earth and he should certainly go out knowing that he has touched way more people's lives than he ever thought possible.

There are a couple of different homepages you can view and even download the actual "Last Lecture" to view etc. Living or dying, I highly recommend you view this.

Ok, onto my less exciting "stuff".......

The past couple of days have been very busy for me. My Assembly friends from work took me out to supper the other night. It was most of the same group who have taken the time out of their busy lives just to touch base with me as the last time. There were also a few new welcome faces in the crowd as well. (Ted H, Melanie C, Tom E) As simple as the setting was, it was once again an evening that left me feeling like I remained "part of the gang" at work.

If you happen to be on Facebook and look at my profile or Heather's, you'll see some pictures of the hilarious day I had yesterday with fellow Cancer survivor Heather H and my retired office coordinator Bev M. We went for lunch at a diner here in Tillsonburg, then grabbed coffee and headed to Lake Lisgar to enjoy the weather. If you look at the pictures, you'll see that Bev absolutely refuses to grow old. That woman is a bundle of energy and laughs. Lets just say that Lake Lisgar is a little more alkaline now and we know that Bev's car alarm works! (see the writer or Heather for further details) lol

I cannot believe the amount I have been sleeping the past 2weeks. My body has certainly taken over any other plans I may have had and been forcing me to sleep. I'm positive this is a good thing but it gets in the way of me doing some of the things I wanted to do!!! Oh well, I'm sure things will change soon and my energy level will increase.

Nothing new on the medical side of things......still playing the waiting game until my next brain MRI on April 23rd. And of course there will a week or two delay after that to retrieve the results I'm sure.

Heather, I wish you well today on your visit to the Cancer Clinic, hopefully you get some answers and direction for this journey.

Take care

Ed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing when I knew Randy was going to be on dateline last night, that you both shared the same outlook on life. I saw his last lecture before Christmas and cried throughout it. It's amazing what a positive attitude and desire can get you. I am so glad you saw the program last night. I had checked his website the night before to check up on him. He is so inspirational. Glad you had fun with your friends. Never far from my thoughts or prayers. D.

Anonymous said...

Hey McFly: Thanks for the my name in lights. Heather and I can't wait until we can go out and play again. Soon. By the way, I not only lost my batteries in the lake but the camera is pooched. Gotta buy a new one.
Will talk soon, luv and prayers.

McBev