Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The countdown is on!

Well I'm now at 5 treatments left and counting!! As much as I love the staff at the LRCC I will be happy to not have to walk through those doors for at least a month. Its been a long and tough haul going through both treatments at the same time. I've managed to persevere so far and from what people tell me, I'm doing a good job. (oh how easy some are fooled! lol) I just live day by day, knowing that as I awake each morning, I've been given one more opportunity to do my part in making the world a happier place. I probably ( no wait, I KNOW) I do more than I should given my medical condition, but thats just me....its who I am. I'm someone who enjoys seeing the smile on someone else's face because I've been able to help them in even the smallest of ways. Thats who I am, so don't try to stop me .....just accept it ;)

I received my MRI date in the mail today. I go on Sat. April 5th to Hamilton. I was actually quite surprised at the date being as I'm only done my treatments a few days prior to that. I've been asked if I'm scared or apprehensive about the results but to tell you the truth, I just want the results, so I know what I'm up against going forward. If it shows that its at least controlling the tumour, great! If not, I'll deal with that too. I've still got the fight in me and I've saved up some for the next round too ;)

As I'm sure I've said before, the worst part of this is the fatigue, it gets worse daily. I don't seem to be able to last much more than 4 hours without squeezing a siesta in! So in keeping with that subject, please understand that these blogs may only happen every other day for now.

Pay it forward, no matter how big or small, they both are equally as rewarding :)

Talk soon!

Ed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Faith will sooo love Disney.
Definately stay on site and then you can have breakfast with Mickey and friends. You will be better off on site since you will get tired easily and the inhouse transport will take you right back to the hotel. You also have unlimited access to the park. I am so excited for you to make this happen. If you need anything to make this happen let me know, I will try to help you in anyway possible. These kind of memories will last her a lifetime and will be the best gift ever.
Lisa