Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Up at the crack of stupid on a Sunday!! grrrrr

Good morning to all of you people who are undoubtedly still snuggled in your warm beds!! Yep, I'm jealous alright!! Well it looks like Spring may FINALLY be here. Not a minute too soon either! I'm sure we are ALL sick and tired of the winter. Spring brings with it that beating sunlight that you could just close your eyes and bask in for hours. (even if it means behind the windblock of your fronf window!)

I received an e-mail yesterday from a guy that was totally unexpected. Guess it goes to show you that you just really don't know people and how personable they can be outside of work etc. Oh and to clarify, yes it was a very positive e-mail :)

Three more treatments to go!!!! I can't wait!! At this point I have to honestly say that it sickens me just going into the Radiation Treatment Room. The once simple smell of the plastic mask that I have to wear has now turned into the most pungent of odours. With your face trapped in that mask and buckled to the treatment table, there is no escape from it either. I now know the whole procedure inside and out, from the beginning to end, including all the little noises the machine makes and at what point during the process. I do believe I will be having a little "mask-burning party" once I am done on Wednesday. So if you hear some hooting and hollering, no worries, its just me saying goodbye and good riddance to my mask.

Ran into Heather S. the other day. She looked amazing I have to say. She said the same about me but in our heads I'm sure we were both thinking "yea, but you know my pain inside!!!"

So I have 2 MRI's scheduled now. The first one being on Saturday April 5th in Hamilton and the next being April 23rd I believe in London. I'm thinking the Hamilton one is to review the still present "large herniated disc" in my neck to see if it is feasible to operate during my month off of treatment. The second MRI will be to see the status of the brain tumour. So yes, more of the waiting game.

Ok, enough for now....

Have a great Sunday, its supposed to be +7 degrees out there today. Get out and breathe in that fresh air and feel the warmth of the sun of your face.


With love and gratitude to all of you,

me

No comments: