Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm back

What a long day it was yesterday......9:15am Radiation treatment 9:45am Radiation Oncologist appt. Then.......3pm Neugrosurgeon appt. (which turned into 4pm due to delays) Then.......back to town to get all my meds refilled, which ended up getting me in the door at 7pm. Yup, long day!

So the next course of treatment (which will begin in 4+ weeks) will consist of the same chemo medication but in a dosage four times the strength of what I'm currently taking. This will be done on a 5/30 schedule. Five days of meds and 25 days off (or there abouts). That all sounds lovely with the exception of the "4 times the current dosage" !! lol Oh well, gotta do it.

If it seems that I'm slowly withdrawing from contact with some of you....I apologize. I just feel I am so exhausted lately that it takes all I have just to write this blog and keep up electronically with all of you. Don't worry though, I'm still going to do my best to "keep up" and I still love hearing from you all. This blog is my outlet. Living alone, it seems the next best thing to b*tching to my significant other. (if there were one!)

My official last day of Radiation will be April 2/08. I can't wait for that day. Tomorrow it'll be into the single digits for me!! Woo Hoo!!!! Taking umpteen pills a day is one thing, but knowing you are laying on a table while they zap you in hopes of controlling "creeping charlie" really wears on your mind. I certainly won't mind seeing THAT room ever again!!

Well its coming up to a long weekend for everyone....be sure to enjoy it and play safe. Next one won't be until May 2-4 weekend. Heh heh.....that just gets me to thinking on how that used to such a big deal when I was younger. Now it just seems like a good day to rest! ;)

Peace

Ed

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hello my dearest brother,I've been trying to get a hold of you..It's very important that you get back to me..I think about you all the time,and cry all the time..I guess darren is going to play with faith tomorrow at moms..Anyway I'm here for you,and for my neice as well..I LOVE YOU BIG GUY!!!