Total Pageviews

Monday, March 24, 2008

A day off!

Well its Easter Monday, and that means another day away from treatment for me! I guess I can thank our gov't for this one. Probably works out for the best anyways, as I don't really think I'd have that warm, fuzzy feeling about finishing my treatments on April Fools Day!

Easter went over pretty good, unfortunately all of my family couldn't be there for the traditional dinner due to work commitments. One day that'll happen! Hopefully sooner than later. Of course good ole Ed ended up being late because I squeezed in a nap prior to going and overslept. (that is so unlike me!!!) Karen, you owe me now....I took the usual "heat" off of you this time ;)

We were able to try out my new video camera yesterday, it seemed to work like a charm! I look forward to filming alot of memories like that from now on.

Ok, onto my health..........I'm feeling incredibly tired now. I don't seem to be able to go more than 4 hours without requiring a nap to re-charge my batteries. That really frustrates me because if you know me at all, I'm a "do'er". I'm not one for lazing about all day. I feel nauseated from the time I wake up until around lunch time but thankfully it has not progressed to the next level. I'm having a harder time keeping up with the housework etc (especially after my whirlwind 6 year old has been here) but I can and will still manage. I just keep reminding myself of the single digit countdown I now have for treatments. After that, one month to re-gain some strength and get prepared for round 2.

My thought for today..........

"Just remember.......God never promised you tomorrow"

translation>> live each day as if it were your last.

One thing I've learned from all of this is to not hold back your feelings and to make sure people know who you feel. I am not going to let "the past" get in my way anymore. You may have noticed that I even use the "L" word more frequently now (yes fools, the love word). The way I see it is that I truly do hold a love for alot of people. Now don't take that the wrong way, I hold a different level of love for different people. In the end, I just think its important that we all express ourselves in a way that is "being true to thine self". So yeah, maybe I sound like a sap now.....but hey, at least I'm a truthful one. (and I will still continue to face all my challenges in the same old stubborn, crusty, don't stop 'til its done fashion) So there, be forewarned! lol

Have a FANTABULOUS day. (another new Edism for ya)

Love you all !

Ed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey McFly: you know I luv ya. We had 9 warm days in florida. God must be on overtime with all the praying going on. You, Beth and Heather. You are so right. The life we are living today is a gift and tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone. I truly miss our visits at work Eddy. Let me know when I can come down to Tburg.
Love Bev

Anonymous said...

You have always been an amazing person Ed, but I am in awe with how well you are "dealing".
It is strange that people just dont get it until there is a tragedy or something live changing happens to them before they realise what a gift life is.
Maybe I will run into you at the Relay for Life if you are here in St T, my daughter and I have gone every year for the last couple of years.
Luv Lisa