Total Pageviews

Friday, March 14, 2008

Maybe if I scratch a lottery ticket?????

Hello again 4:30am. I still firmly believe that SOMETHING has to happen at this time in my life.....there has to be an importance. Perhaps its time to buy that lottery ticket ??

Yeah, I took yesterday off. I think I got 4 or 5 mails etc asking what the heck was going on!? lol And I thought MY life was boring !!! (just teasing)

Well I started doing the math in my Planner yesterday, counting the days until I'm done this treatment. Needless to say, when I realized that it was day 18 of 30, it kind of let the wind out of my sails. For some silly reason, I guess I just thought I was closer to the end of it. Grrrr So barring any acts of God or missed appointments, my last day should be Wednesday April 2/2008. I think on Thursday the 3rd, I'm going to sleep for 24 hours straight!! Heck, who am I kidding. Duh!

Well, I received another amazing act of kindness in the mail the other day. My childhood friend, Dawn R, sent me a wonderful card with a donation toward Faith's trip to Disney. Thank you Dawn, you're as amazing as your parents!! xo

Well I took the first step of contacting a lawyer here in town to set up an appointment to go over a will. Just the word "will" sounds so gloomy. As much as I know it is imperative to have my affairs in order, I'm not looking forward to it. I just wish I was a bah-zillionaire, so I could donate a mess of money to Cancer research. Yes, in the time I have left on this earth, I am undoubtedly going to become very involved in Cancer Research fund-raising etc. So be prepared, I will be hitting you all up for donations or maybe to drag your butts around the track during the RelaY For Life etc!! lol Since this is my second battle with the big C, I figure I owe that much to the wonderful people who are involved in trying to find the cure.

Here is a great analogy a friend of mine used to describe cancer: Creeping Charlie. How fitting eh. Just like that damned weed, it is an invasive enemy that you don't want on your property! Take care of your grass and it stays away usually, but sometimes, no matter what do you, it creeps in and chokes what was once a beautiful lawn, into a sad looking patch of green. Lets hope the medication and treatments are my "lawn spray" and that it will choke out that damned Creeping Charlie and allow me to continue to grow and flourish along side my beautiful daughter Faith Emily.

Slowly getting used to the lack of hair...I'm sure a few of you are chuckling thinking "he didn't have much to begin with anyways!" lol I still find myself attempting to squeeze the excess water out of my hair in the shower though. Old habits die hard I guess. Looking forward to the Easter long weekend......4 glorious days away from radiation!!!

I wish everyone a super weekend.

Take care, God bless and hug your loved ones :)

Ed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi ED. good luck on that ticket! there are certainly alot of meds for you to take you'll walk with a rattle soon. you should here my guinea pig every time someone opens the fridge door he starts wheekin it's so annoying. he is huge! Sarah sends her love Trevor occasionlly grunts. he is so into sports and is begging me to sign him up at the low price of 350 dollars. Sarah sends her love . chidren have given life meaning. I'm so happy that you can spend time with Faith perhaps we could have a play date. I know you can only entertain them for so long take care bro and maybe we'll see each other on Sunday.