Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Just a quickie......

As I was attempting to get through some of my 300+ e-mails, I came across this little poem which was attached to an e-mail sent to me by Matt R., who was a summer student in my department at work last year.

Thanks Matto ;)


When things go wrong as they sometimes will;
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill;
When the funds are low, and the costs are high
And you want to smile, but have to sigh;
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but do not quit.
Success is failure turned inside out;
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
And you can never tell how close you are
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-
It's when things go wrong that you must not quit.

"Don't Quit,"
Author Unknown

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Ed there is a really great poem that has helped many people to keep on and it is called Faith it goes like this "when you have come to the edge of all that you know and are about to take a leap into the unknown faith is knowing one of two things will happen,there will either be a ledge for you to land on or you will be given wings to fly". the words may not be completely accurate but the message is clear. Jeanettede

Anonymous said...

Wow this is amazing...I am going to copy this and use it in times of need....thanks for sharing!!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

my mom gave me that poem when i was 12years old ed how nice to have it again.......cheers doe