Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Treatment Day 12 of 30....love that snow! (Ugh)

Happy 45th Birthday Morris!! Best bro-in-law I could ever ask for. He's been nothing but a fantastic man to my sister, my family and me.
Wow, almost at mid-point with this treatment. What a difference a day makes. My hair is REALLY beginning to fall out now. Kind of in clumps in the 3 zones they are doing the radiation. My head is also burnt, the sun-burned feeling (also caused by radiation). These are all to be expected so I am not shocked by any stretch. I'm also feeling the fatigue still, just a little more each day.

Once again I was up at 4:30am.....I honestly believe that SOMETHING is going to happen to me at that hour. Its crazy. I can't even use the work excuse anymore since its been just about a month since I was there. Wow, feels sooooo much longer. I miss the day-to-day hustle of that place! I think I thrived on it. Speaking of work and wonderful people, I got the shock of a lifetime last night. Jim Wallace, Barry Vickery and Mike Evens all stopped over again. This time they came bearing a huge gift bag! (I'm so not good at receiving gifts!) Needless to say, when I opened the card and bag, I was floored. Apparently, what started out as a small collection amongst a few people at work ballooned into enough to purchase a new Sony DVD Camcorder and accessories. I was in total shock and am still shaking my head at the selfless kindness that my Cami friends have shown me in this time of need. You folks are beautiful people!!!!!!!
To top all this off, they also presented me with a fantastic picture of Cami with friend's names scrolled across the perimeter of the frame and a card filled with best wishes from all of them. Wow you say? Oh contraire, they weren't done yet!! They also presented me with an envelope containing almost $700 toward the "Disney Fund". My greatest wish is for Faith and I to be able to get to Disney. Its every kid's dream and I want to fulfill that dream for her. (pausing for my tears again) lol See what I mean, I'm strong as ever until I think of her.....then I'm mush!

So, to ALL of you who cared enough to help this dream come true for her and to allow me to forever record memories, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You will never know how much you have all touched my heart. I will never forget you....never, ever ever!! :) A little birdie told me that Diane Perkins, Lindsey Sheppard and Kirk Butler had a major role in getting stuff done. You guys are awesome!!

A friend of mine suggested to me the other day to think about writing down 5 things that make me happy and/or 5 things I am thankful for. Here we go:

1. My beautiful family......this includes my dear Faith, my parents, sisters and all their husbands, boyfriends and children, my only relatives in Canada my Aunt and Uncle and cousins Donna and Lee in Burlington and all my relatives overseas in England and Scotland who have been very supportive not only to me, but to my parents also.

2. My friends....Wow. I never ever ever thought that I would see the day when I would think to myself, "geez Ed, you've got alot of friends out there in this great big world!!" But yes, I have now seen first hand what true friends do for one another in a time of need. I love all you guys/gals to pieces!!!

3. The challenges my job has brought me over the years. As well as the mentors I've had in the past and present.

4. Technology. Without it, we would not be able to convey these kinds of thoughts etc to the majority of our friends without hiring a team of donkeys to hand deliver a written note to all! (lame humour there)

5. Happy that I've been able to help other people who are a part of my life. Whether it be just through friendship, or late night conversations, or just "being there". Pay it forward remember ;)



Ok, time to get ready for my treatment....if the roads are nasty, I'm turning back home though!

I love you all....

Ed

3 comments:

Iolanda said...

Ed,
Your blogs are an inspiration, they bring tears to my eyes, they remind me whats important in life. Stay strong Ed!
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
It's no wonder you have so many friends - you are truly an amazing person!
Iolanda

Karen said...

Well....what can I say....I'm Edward's eldest sister Karen and am so very proud to call him my brother and friend and hero.....we all cried reading his comments and inspirations....but they were happy and sad tears....if he didn't have all of this positive strength and attitude....we wouldn't either! so I thank you dear brother for always being there for me in my times of need ....being the best roommate ever and making me laugh at all your little "Edisms" as one his Cami buddies calls your sayings...I love you today and always and Faith is so very very lucky to have such a wonderful and devoted daddy......I try to be the best auntie that I can with 10 nieces and nephews and they are all so very special and love their uncle Ed to bits!! my parents and 3 sisters are in this battle with you from the beginning....and here to love and support you with all our hearts and souls...take care and may God bless you and watch over you dear baby bro......crying now....sniff sniff...I want only whats best for you....and am here always to help with any decisions you may have to make for the future..hang tough big guy.....Love you lots....Karen xxxx

Teresa said...

DEAREST ED; YOU ARE TRULY AN INSPIRATION TO ME AND ALL THE PEOPLE THAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR LIVE. PEOPLE GO THROUGH LIVE NEVER EXPERIENCING THE FEELING OF HAVING A WONDERFUL FRIEND IN THEIR LIVES AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN THAT TO ME..IT'S NO WONDER SO MANY PEOPLE LOVE YOU, YOU ARE TRULY A WONDERFUL MAN AND BRING SO MUCH JOY TO PEOPLE'S LIVES. I AM SO PROUD TO BE ABLE TO CALL YOU MY FRIEND...MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU DAILY AND MY PRAYERS,,TAKE CARE AND STAY STRONG AND STUBBORN (LOL)xoxoxo