Total Pageviews

Monday, March 3, 2008

First Chemo and Radiation Treatments

So yea, I started my 6 week course of both chemo and radiation on Feb. 19/2008. I have to admit that I wasn't too worried about it all. I just wanted to get the ball rolling and get on with things. The made me my own personalized plastic mesh mask that pretty much envelopes your whole head. This is done by first placing a warmed up neutral mask on your face and then they begin to customize it to your own facial features. This is done so that they can buckle the finished mask to a table (with you in it) so that you cannot move a millimetre during the radiation treatment and also so that the treatment takes place in the exact same spot each time.

The chemo pills (Temodal) are taken at home or where ever, one hour prior to radiation treatment. So on weekends I just take them mid-morning. My morning breakfast consists of about 14 pills right now.

1 comment:

thestefans said...

Hey! Glad to see you are keeping the updates coming - kind of a sounding board. Sure seems like we know too many people going thru similar things right now. I have no doubt you will show your strength & come out on top!
Stay strong & believe!
Laura