Total Pageviews

Friday, March 7, 2008

TGIF...or TGFJAD!

To most of us, we'll think of it as TGIF (Thank God its Friday), to people like me, that has now turned into TGFJAD (Thank God For Just Another Day) Every day that we have the ability to crawl out of bed under our own power should be considered this.

I just finished reading some mail from Heather and Beth who were thanking me for being an "inspiration" to them. Little do they know, they are more of an inspiration to me than anything else. We look to others for the support and understanding during times of crisis and I know that I only need to turn on the computer and read some of their mail to set the day off right. Heather mentioned the 3 of us doing lunch one day and I plan on making sure that happens! Beth jokingly talked about forming a new club at Cami. The CCC...Cami Cancer Club. As humorous as that sounds, it may become more than a just joke in passing as more of our "family" gets stricken with this monster.

My heart goes out to the family of Bob V., another Cami family member, who passed suddenly earlier this week. Alot of you are surely thinking "why us?", why does it seem like Cami is under the big black cloud in 2008. I too, had thought this but have come to realize that these things are happening every day all over the world, its just that we've grown into the age group where we are more susceptible to all the "nasties" out there. I cannot stress enough how important it is to "live life to its fullest and be as close as possible to your loved ones". You never know when you're going to be called up. LIVE LOVE LAUGH

Well after my blog yesterday, where I told the world about my hair starting to come out, a wonderful friend of mine from work (Linda I.) called me last night to kindly offer the services of her great daughter (Kristi) to come over and buzz it off for me. Now here's the thing....Kristi and I do not know each other from a hole in the ground.....and yet she was kind enough to drive here and help me out. Thats what good people are all about!!! Thank you Linda and Kristi :) You made my night. ( Yes, of course I'll try to post a picture so you can all get your giggle in for the day!!!)

I have my daughter here this weekend, she'll be here after school. My fantastic parents are going to drive her here for me. I have a feeling its going to be a loooooong weekend! lol How can I expect a 6 year old little angel to understand whats going on inside her Daddy's body? I will continue to persevere though, making every moment a cherished one with her.

Health wise, I'm feeling the sun burn of radiation more and more every day. With today being the half-way point, I cringe at how my poor melon is going to feel by day 30. The aloe vera and other creams I've been given are certainly going to get a workout!! My appetite is slowly diminishing, although I somehow manage to eat the amazing foods that have been sent to me thus far. (my hat goes off to Betty, Cathy, Mom, Shirley, my landlord Marilyn, neighbour Christi, and most recently a guy, Sean S. Yes, a guy who can cook up a storm...thanks bud;) If I've forgotten anyone else, I'm going to blame it on my brain surgery ok, so cut me some slack. lol Keeping with the same topic, I also received some delicious food the other day while I was out. Whomever these wonder souls were that dropped it off, I thank you! (oh, and please let me know who you are since I am not one to hoard other's tupperware) :)

After reading this part over, I'm thinking "and you say you have no appetite?? lol But seriously, I can feel the uneasy feeling in my stomach more and more. Lets hope it does not get to that next level where I'm praying to the white throne for hours on end!

FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR TODAY:

1. Waking up with the choice of how I want my day to be.

2. For making new friends in the past 24 hours and realizing that my old friends do care!

3. Thankful that Faith will be here to see me this weekend. I need her special hugs right now.

4. That my idle banter on here can at least bring the odd smile to someone's face. And if it brings the odd tear, so be it, it is cleansing ....even for us tough guys ;)

5. For my family.....your love amazes me every day.

Take care and be well to all

Love

me :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi ed it's Jeanette,long time since I talked to you .I had no idea you were outside when I spoke with you on the phone. I wish i could have seen you. I hate that this is happening to you and believe it or not it didn't seem real to me at first.Yes i shed a few tears reading your words.I'm scared for you and yet most of the time Iam so good at hiding my head in the sand. once in a while it just bubbles up. Ihope you don't start driving the porcelan truck too soon Ed The kids say hello and we all send our love, i meditate for 20 min each night and my prayers are with you love Jeanette