Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Some sleep at night.....some don't!

Well this morning it was 3:30am. This is crazy!!! Prior to all of this happening, if I seen 3:30am, I'd be burying my head back in the pillow and just nodding back off to sleepyland. I'm not sure whether its my mind spinning at a hundred miles per hour or just the medication playing games with my biological clock. Either way, this ain't right!! heh heh

About 2 weeks ago, apparently "2 older ladies in an S-10 pick-up truck dropped off some food" while I was not home according to my neighbour. I have yet to figure out who they were so if you are reading this, please let me know so I can return your dishes and thank you!

Well I am on to single digits now with my first round of treatments. That is a a bigger joy that you can imagine. It will be nice not to have to lather my head in cream anymore because of a burned scalp. The drive back and forth to London will not be missed either. Thankfully I have not encountered too many poor weather days during this course of treatments. And never once did I hear the radio stations announce along with the school bus cancellations that the Cancer Clinic is closed. Whats up with that?? ;) I need to write my M.P. about that!! lol

I still cannot begin to thank all of my family and friends for the generosity and thoughtfulness you have all shown me during this trying time. Everyday, I thank the Big Guy up there for blessing me with such wonderful people. It is truly at times like this, that I wish I could have some people just get into my skin for a day or two and come to realize how lucky they really are. To have a job, a spouse, wonderful children, friends and all of the other little things that we take for granted every day of our lives. Its all these small things that we need to come to fully appreciate before its too late. To let by-gones be by-gones etc. Life is much too short as it is to sweat the small stuff. In the big picture of things, I ask that you ask yourselves : " If I were in Ed's shoes, could I say that I've been the type of person I wanted to be all these years? Have I shown the love and compassion toward others that may have been deserving but yet I was too busy or otherwise in my life? Have I stepped beyond my comfort zone to accomplish those things in life that have been placed in the back of my mind because I think that they are not achievable? Have I been the best possible role model for my kids? Can I sit back and say to myself, "I hope they grow up to be like me"? If you've answered no or even contemplated the word no, I hope and wish that you'll make even the smallest adjustment in your life to make the good things happen :)

Ok, I'm off my soapbox now. I truly believe all those words though. I just can't stress enough how important it is to not conform with what you feel society says you should do or think. Live YOUR life in a way that will bring a smile to YOUR face and to others when they think of you.

So yeah, how about them Leafs!! lol

My plan for Disney will hopefully get started after this round of treatments is done. I want to fully understand the next round before I begin making plans. I can't wait to be able to tell Faith though. I can see here ear-to-ear smile already. WOW!!

Anyhoooooo....I've bloggled on enough here for today (like that word? Its mine now but you can use it at will) so I will sign off and get ready for another day of treatment.

Love you and miss you all!

Ed

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey......:) You are so on the mark with your thoughts today Ed. Often steeping out of our comfort zone a bit and challenging ourselves to experience new things can be very difficult............ but absolutely nessesary in making us better people. Having the ability to truly appreciate the possibilities each day brings is a gift we should not take for granted. You have many times expressed your sincerest thanks to your friends and family. As the saying goes.... Friendship doubles our joys and divides our sorrows. Thinking of you as always.....Kimberly

Anonymous said...

"In this life we cannot always do great things but we can do small things with great love"
Mother Teresa

Anonymous said...

Whether it is 5:30am and I still haven't fallen to sleep, or I'm crying from pain that has plagued me for days, I do stop and tell myself that I could be in Edward's shoes. Your love of life and family, your dignity and your positivity have been a daily life lesson to me. Thanks, you are making me a better person. You are making me aware that bygones should be bygones. To not sweat the small stuff, cause I could be dealing with the big stuff. I've been taking the time to let people know how much I appreciate them and how they have touched my lives when they weren't aware. Always in my prayers and thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Hello Ed, so many of us are too focused on what we get rather than what we give. Gotta get that stainless steel appliance, gotta get that showy house in the "right" neighborhood. Do we truly believe that when all is said and done that our kids want to visit our graves and say "gee, we never saw much of Mom and Dad but at least they worked hard so we could have things? I'm so happy and grateful to you for reminding me of what is important. The things that have happened in the past are done.The only way I've found that works for me is to do what you have to do,cry if you must. Yell and scream if you must but go through the emotions and then let them go. If you don't do that they will always be lurking inside ,ready to pounce when you least expect it.life is too short to be so busy that you don't notice the special things that really count.Speaking of which my grandaughter is on her way to make muffins so I'll get off MY soapbox and get back to what really matters take care